Guerlain loose kohl alternative

madkitty

I know there are the L'Oreal HIP's but I need something that I can apply eastern style with the wand......does anyone know of any other loose kohls or where I could get just a stick?

nazneen372

You can get surma (the authentic Middle Eastern/Indian loose kohl) in Asian supermarkets. However, there have been some warnings about certain brands containing lead so I'm wary of recommending them.

B cosmetics (Lush's sister group) also do one that you can order here, I tried it a while back and it's VERY dark indeed:

https://www.bnevertoobusytobebeautif...emart&Itemid=1

Teacakeanyone

Two options for you. I've recently been hunting down the same type of item. #1 is the new L'Oreal HiP loose kohl powders. You can find them at Ulta, drugstores, Meijer, etc. They're ~$11-13, but you can often find them on sale since they're made by L'Oreal. There's more fallout, arguably, than Guerlains, but they're also $20 cheaper! They get awesome reviews. #2 is Shaeyes herbal kohl stick by Shahnaz Husain. I got mine off of ebay. It's made in India and is in a similar lipstick-like form. Only problem is it took 14+ days to get mine, so if you need one, be prepared to wait a while. But it was only ~$8. I haven't tried my Shaeyes enough yet to give a good review, since I just got mine yesterday. haha. But hope this helps you! Lining the waterlines with black really does make a more striking effect.
sneaky.gif

*Edit - I just reread your original post after I posted. (I can only see the title of the thread when I replied.) So...I guess only #2 still stands!

anshu7

Look out for a brand called Hashmi. They should be there in asian/ Indian stores. They have both the loose kohls and stick kohls.