Guerlain Parure Extreme vs. Chanel Mat Lumiere vs. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk?

shan1201

I am currently looking to purchase a high end foundation. I have done a little bit of research, and the Guerlain Parure Extreme, Chanel Mat Lumiere, and Armani Luminous Silk are three that I am considering. I have seen them on several beauty blogs, with positive reviews and gorgeous reviews. Has any one tried any of these and which one would you recommend?

(I have oily/combination skin)

Also- this may be a silly question but would they give me samples of these foundations at the makeup counters in Nordstrom? I usually don't go to makeup counters very often because I always get suckered into buying more than I need, lol. In these case I would though because I need to get color matched anyway!

cutemiauw

I have oily/combination skin too, and I use the Armani LSF. I absolutely love this foundation because it made my skin looked flawless without looking like I have foundation on. However, it gave this dewy look, so it has the risk of making the skin looks/feels oily.

For me, I put on some blotting powder on top of it and it was worth it. Mostly because the Armani shade was a perfect match and I couldn't find my shade with Chanel (at least at the time I'm looking for foundation... I've heard they expanded the shades)

I didn't know about Nordstrom (I live in Germany) but the Armani SA told me I could have samples to test out the foundation (in case I have breakouts etc.) If they have it in sachets, they'll give you that. If not, I was told I could have a few drops from their tester - just bring a tiny plastic jar. Just ask, it wouldn't hurt :).

HTH!

thursdaynxt19

About Nordstroms, the high-end counters there are usually very generous with samples. I got about a week's wear of Chanel Mat Lumiere in a very classy mini jar with the Chanel logo. Mat Lumiere couldn't really control my very oily skin, but it did feel more silky and lightweight than other oil-controlling foundations I've tried. Good luck with your foundation search!