Guy beaten by victim's family

Pink_minx

I went on a few dates with this guy 6 years ago when I was 16 and he was I think 20-21 years old at the time and found him on the news just recently online.

Quote:
A 25-year-old man who allegedly solicited a 14-year-old girl for sex is under arrest after the girl's family got involved and took the law into their own hands, according to authorities.

Quote:

The Sacramento Police Department says that Christopher Guzman went to Garcia Bend Park on Monday night, believing that he was meeting up with a 14-year-old girl he had met on a social networking website.

"This would've been the first physical contact between the suspect and the victim," said Sacramento Police Department Sgt. Norm Leong.

As Guzman waited in his car, police say five or six of the girl's family members walked up and began attacking him and his vehicle. Guzman tried to drive away, but the family members chased him, forced him out of his car and held him for police, who arrested Guzman but did not detain the relatives.

"(Guzman) was bloody from that," Sgt. Leong said. "We'll review it and see if what they did was reasonable given the circumstances in that they were trying to detain him."

Police said that Guzman was planning to videotape the young girl in a sex act.

Here's the video:
Christopher Guzman posts - Crimesider - CBS News

Its crazy that I knew this person and now he is a pedophile suspect? damn...I guess he had it coming! What do you girls think about the victim's family putting justice into their own hands?

blurpleberry

wow... Well, I'm used to seeing guys my age dating underage girls and the parents don't seem to care. Even though I do think the whole situation was messed up and I'm glad he got arrested, I don't think the family should have went so far as to beating him bloody... now, they might get in trouble, too, for doing that. :|

gildedangel

Wow, I am glad you didn't continue to see him! Although I totally think that he deserved it, I am not a fan of the way that the family handled it. They should have called the police in before so that the police would be waiting for the guy. This seems to have been planned in advance. With him driving a car, one of the family members could have gotten seriously hurt. I just think that it could have been handled in a less impulsive way. I am glad that the guy is in jail and that no one got hurt.

Pink_minx

Yeah I thought the family took it too far. Even though it would be their first time meeting (the 14 year old girl and himself) they should have called the police. You know kind of like that Chris Hansen show I think thats his name? on "how to catch a predator". My mom didnt mind me going out with him at my age he seemed like a nice guy he went to college, was going to be a realtor...so unfortunate! i feel bad for his parents.

MaskedBeauty

wow. thats crazy. Like they say appearances can be deceiving.

I agree with gildedangel. The family probably didn't handle it the right way. I know they were upset, but like she said, they should have called the police to have them be there when he showed up.

kimmy

i don't see anything wrong with what the family did, from the facts given. if some twenty-five year old was soliciting my fourteen year old sister or daughter, he'd be lucky to get away from me still breathing.

yeah, you could call the police.
yeah, they'll arrest him.
yeah, he'll do time.

then he gets paroled out after serving only a fraction of his sentence (especially in california, with the current prison overcrowding problem.) he will be made to register as a sex offender which doesn't do a damn thing to discourage him from going out and creepin' again. he will have to go to the local police/sheriff station on his birthday every year, get his photo taken and fill out a piece of paper; it will take him all of about an hour, which leaves 8,759 more hours in the year that he can be out lurking on young girls.

everyone says "call the police" like prison time fixes these people. it doesn't.

Machinegun_Cali

very true kimmy...prison time and being a registrant dont do jack squat for these creeps. Even though it might feel great for a little vigilante justice Im not sure that would fix them either. Ive come across lots of sex offenders (men and women) and I couldnt say that 1 of them has been "cured" and wont re-offend. That chester radar still goes off in my head.

Pink_minx

Thats true...I guess that family beating him will teach him a huge lesson because I know jail wont be doing that to him. Its so scary like you think you know that person like they can be a friend, a family, etc. but deep inside they have a dark ugly side to them. Any one can be rapist, pedophile, or a murderer. They can be your next door neighbor.

Machinegun_Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink_minx
Thats true...I guess that family beating him will teach him a huge lesson because I know jail wont be doing that to him.

Before working patrol I worked in the county jail for 3 years. Let me tell you rapists and molesters ARE treated differently. Everyone hates perverts in jail. Inmates and Deputies. Inmates arent so subtle about it, Deputies on the other hand have to be. That ass kicking the pervert got by the girl's family was not his last, trust me.

I HATE ( yes i know thats a strong word but I really do) people who take advantage of kids, the elderly, you know people who cant defend themselves. It takes me SO much self control to remain professional and keep their rights in mind. Im not about to loose my career and everything I worked for for some chester but I cant deny it the thought does cross my mind.

Pink_minx

^yeah I totally understand what you are saying. Those people (kids, elderly) are so vulnerable to people like this dude. I guess I was too when I was 16. I didnt know who he really was...I didnt realize that he actually went for young girls and now he went even more younger! at 14 years of age! and he's 25 thats so wrong even if she looked older he should have known better. When I was 15 this 30 year old guy was hitting on me thinking I was much older until I told him my actual age he said "oh well...it was nice meeting you" and walked off.

greengoesmoo

The law will NOT sufficiently punish those people, incarceration will not destroy his/her life at all compared to the hell and life long damage that a child will endure.

I sincerely believe that the family should be allowed to do as they wish on behalf of the child. A just law would contend with this matter (punish this sick waste of carbon) to an acceptable degree, however we do not have just law.

My only issue is that, can every single person in here tell me they were still a virgin at the age of 14? I know I wasn't, so should I really judge a man sleeping with a 14 yr old girl?

If the girl was mentally capable of consenting regardless of her legal age, does it make it okay?

I know the legal age of consent differs quite a lot across the planet,

Take a look at this, http://www.avert.org/age-of-consent.htm

I never know where to sit on this debate..

Boasorte

sometimes a good ass beating needs to be in order.
and wtf that lil 14 year old girl needs her ass beat too! Why is she online meeting 25 year olds?
I mean I'm not one to discrimate against age, since I myself prefer older men, but come on now wait until she's like 16,17.
at 14 you're either graduating from 8th grade or a freshman in highschool.

BEA2LS

i was a virgin when i was 14 and i am sure a lot of people here were (or are).
i do not think there is any excuse for him on that aspect.. the older i get the younger teenagers see, she had no right for wanting to meet someone older online but he should have known better.

greengoesmoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEA2LS
i was a virgin when i was 14 and i am sure a lot of people here were (or are).
i do not think there is any excuse for him on that aspect.. the older i get the younger teenagers see, she had no right for wanting to meet someone older online but he should have known better.

I appreciate that a lot of people will have been, or in fact still are, but I have no doubt whatsoever there will be women and men on this forum who were sexually active through thier own choice at 14 and quite likely some even younger.

We cannot judge a situation like this without knowing these people, we do not know how mature this girl was.

You're right though, he has NO excuse for soliciting sex from a teen on the internet.

On the other hand, had this been a 14yr old boy sleeping with a woman of 25, would this have been such an issue? It is absolutely identical, but if his father got slip of that, wouldn't he be PROUD of his son? Rather than getting the police involved?

Still not sure what side of the fence I'm on here..

paperfishies

Too bad the family didn't just kill the guy. Sex offenders disgust me. They are the epitome of what a selfish person is. They CAN NOT be rehabilitated. more than 80% of sex offenders go on to re-offend even ones who have been punished for their actions.

My best friend who is now an adult was solicited by a man in his 30s on the internet when she was 12! This guy ended up romancing her, he said all the right things, etc. Well he ended up raping her, repeatedly, and giving her a disease that she will have for the rest of her life. He did 3 years in prison and is now out of prison (has been for a while) probably ruining more little girls lives.

If a sex offender is 100% guilty without a doubt, he/she needs to spend the rest of their life incarcerated.

Oh and I was a virgin at the age of 14, lol. My husband, however, was not.

hello_my_apple

that's really bad, he's dead wrong and so is the girl, who's watching her while she is online? the family wasn't that wrong for doing that but you cant go around being a vigilante.

Boasorte

^ Exactly they're both wrong, don't forget now a days little girls don't look their age, and some lie about their ages as well, so everyone don't go getting on the guy!!

paperfishies

The Sacramento Police Department says that Christopher Guzman went to Garcia Bend Park on Monday night, believing that he was meeting up with a 14-year-old girl he had met on a social networking website.

"This would've been the first physical contact between the suspect and the victim," said Sacramento Police Department Sgt. Norm Leong.

As Guzman waited in his car, police say five or six of the girl's family members walked up and began attacking him and his vehicle. Guzman tried to drive away, but the family members chased him, forced him out of his car and held him for police, who arrested Guzman but did not detain the relatives.

"(Guzman) was bloody from that," Sgt. Leong said. "We'll review it and see if what they did was reasonable given the circumstances in that they were trying to detain him."
Police said that Guzman was planning to videotape the young girl in a sex act.

The news report that the OP posted would lead one to believe that the Guzman knew the victim was 14. I would imagine the cops had email/chat transcripts confirming the girls age to Guzman and also confirming his plans to videotape their sex. Especially if the police had arrested this man and held him. If they didn't have any evidence that he knew he was planning to have sex with a 14 year old, then Guzman will be able to sue the crap out of the police dept and the family.

Latest posts