(HAA): Highlighter Addicts Anonymous

boschicka

I think it's just the angle of one on the arm vs the other, the way the light is hitting it. In person they are identical.....I think....maybe!
winks.gif
Lol ahhh well return whichever was more expensive lol
Hey now, if you think they're a little different, that's enough for me. I'm keeping them, lol!

YarahFlower

Omg. Does anyone look at this and get instantly stressed knowing it's more than likely going to sell out quick and be a pain to get? ️️Makeup is stressful lately. :/
Have it in your mind that it's yours, and it will be! Determination gets the job done :heart:

Prettypackages

I wasn't even remotely interested in it because I kept hearing people say "This may look ashy on darker skin tones". What do they know? They didn't have darker skin haha. The proof was in the pudding i.e. the swatching.

Oh Meddy you would LOVE Paris! It is such a beautiful city both during the day and at night!!!

Sound like I need to travel with you!

Quote: Originally Posted by YarahFlower

Holiday 2015...OMFG
soooo pretty! (I almost wrote Petty LOL).

Shars

Awww I love you for that! LOL So I should totally skip MAC Giamb V. Release?

All so pretty on you.

REally? I've never paid atten to this but ppl love it.

LMAO at abused...
Sound like I need to travel with you!

soooo pretty! (I almost wrote Petty LOL).
Let's go!!
choochoo.gif

montREALady

They look exactly the same!!! Whichever is the better price for what you get is what I will buy...Ive heard great things about this highlighter and it looks amazing! :) Thanks for posting swatches.
I looked earlier and the shadow seems scarce. I first wanted Ballerina, then Gilded Honey but never got around to getting either until I saw Ballerina pop back up on Nordies yesterday. That was total impulse because I think I prefer GH more, we'll see.

YarahFlower

Same here! I had to sit back in my seat and take a deep breath! I will hunt this down with the conviction of a fiend looking for the dope man in the middle of a Chicago snow storm! It WILL be mine!!!!
I am getting this fo' sho! Just looking at it gives me butterflies!!!
YAAAAAAAAAAS!!!!!!!!! Only instead of butterflies, I have bald eagles! S#@! is real!!!
I need this!!!!!!
We will have it!
Omg I can't wait yessssssssss
Me either girl :)
Awww I love you for that! LOL  So I should totally skip MAC Giamb V.  Release?  All so pretty on you.  REally?  I've never paid atten to this but ppl love it.  LMAO at abused...   Sound like I need to travel with you!  soooo pretty!  (I almost wrote Petty LOL). 
LOL! You getting it?

stephshopaholic

I already have the ambient lighting and ambient blush palettes so I don't really need that big one although it is pretty and I'd get it if I didn't have the other two. I got my colourpop tie dye highlighter today it's really pretty. :)

DILLIGAF

Can you believe that I don't have a single Hourglass Ambient Highlighting Powder, Palette, Blush or Bronzer. I owed the highlighting palette at one point but I ended up returning it. I found the darkest powder to be a bit shimmery. In the last week that I've been here I've lightened up quite a bit. I spent my last few weeks in Miami out in the sun or on the beach. Maybe when fall hits. Anyone near to my complexion use any of these powders? What are your thoughts?

cupcake28

Can you believe that I don't have a single Hourglass Ambient Highlighting Powder, Palette, Blush or Bronzer. I owed the highlighting palette at one point but I ended up returning it. I found the darkest powder to be a bit shimmery. In the last week that I've been here I've lightened up quite a bit. I spent my last few weeks in Miami out in the sun or on the beach. Maybe when fall hits. Anyone near to my complexion use any of these powders? What are your thoughts?
Well, I don't own any myself. I've swatched them several times to see if I could somehow make them work. They always looked ashy on me and the new bronzers they came out with didn't show up on my skin at all. I've seen here and there that girls darker than me really like them, but I am truly perplexed. If you already had it and returned it, then maybe try something else- or get a makeover in Sephora and ask them to use it? I think VIB's get free makeovers, if I'm not mistaken (since you are on Specktra, I'm assuming you have purchased enough makeup to be a VIB or Rouge, lol). I was looking for a powder that would illuminate my skin, without it being a highlighter- sort of like an all over the face product to make my skin glow. I tried the MSF but that wasn't really what I was looking for, but the darkest color is a great bronzer for me. The closest thing I found is the Sublime powder from Black Up. I think it said I'm supposed to be a #3. Well, one is a light gold, the other is a bronze and there is one that is coppery or rose gold. They look really pretty and I saw someone on Youtube actually use them and that convinced me to go ahead and get one, which I plan to do. Hourglass is a great brand, but I don't find their powders suitable for my skin tone.