(HAA): Highlighter Addicts Anonymous

GreenEyedAllie

On your & boschicka's recommendation, I have it on my lust list ;)

I wish I had a CCO near me...We even got a brand new Tanger Outlet last year in Grand Rapids and no joy there!

I do have the $30 off $80.00 purchase Gilt certificate for Bobbi Brown (Shout out to go to gilt.com and get you some! I believe it ends on June 12th) and have been taking a peek around the site. Suggestions on a shimmer brick? Of course the Sunset Glow is still calling my name...lol

eta: Oooooh Nectar is pretty! So is Coral. They both fall into the cheek colors I have been loving of late! :heart:

Oh I got that, too! Thanks for the reminder!

Shars

I wish I had a CCO near me...We even got a brand new Tanger Outlet last year in Grand Rapids and no joy there!

I do have the $30 off $80.00 purchase Gilt certificate for Bobbi Brown (Shout out to go to gilt.com and get you some! I believe it ends on June 12th) and have been taking a peek around the site. Suggestions on a shimmer brick? Of course the Sunset Glow is still calling my name...lol

eta: Oooooh Nectar is pretty! So is Coral. They both fall into the cheek colors I have been loving of late! :heart:

Ooohh I love those GILT offers like that. I have Lilac Rose (which I think was LE but I bought it from a CCO) and Apricot. Love both of them! My next one to get is Nectar! I think you'd love that one too.

is there sublime powder just a highlighter?

hmm might have to go to my cco tomorow.

I have the #5 and because of the shade it's more like a bronzer on me but it just gives such a beautiful glow. It's hard to describe and you won't notice it in photographs. The others are more lit from within shades and depending on the one you get, you could use them all over.

Prettypackages

Thank you.

Have you guys seen the CInema Secret Ultralucent Illuminating powder and Danessa Myrics powders (Shars didn't you get those), I thought they might be like those.

Prettypackages

so then the closest CCO to you would be Michigan City, IN? Wait, let me do some digging I thought there was another outlet in Michigan?
Looks like Birch Run is the only pulling up. Years ago my cousins and I were obsessed with hitting up Coach Outlets, I thought there was one closer to Grand Rapids and would have a CCO.

I hate my CCO though. The older lady watches me like a freaking hawk when I'm in there. I'm like you have one more time to ask if I need help, and stop watching me. You're making me nervous. I know what I'm looking at and if I need help. #random I know. LOL

Last edited:

ARmakeupjunkie

Ohh girl you need at least ONE BB shimmer brick in your life! If you live near a CCO I'd say grab one there at the 30% off.

Yes! Could not have said it better myself! I freaking love BB Shimmer Bricks! If I could only have one highlighter, it would be BB Brownie Shimmer Brick! It has always been my favorite highlighter and favorite shimmer brick! It was limited edition and long gone but maybe one day she will bring it back.

so then the closest CCO to you would be Michigan City, IN? Wait, let me do some digging I thought there was another outlet in Michigan?
Looks like Birch Run is the only pulling up. Years ago my cousins and I were obsessed with hitting up Coach Outlets, I thought there was one closer to Grand Rapids and would have a CCO.

I hate my CCO though. The older lady watches me like a freaking hawk when I'm in there. I'm like you have one more time to ask if I need help, and stop watching me. You're making me nervous. I know what I'm looking at and if I need help. #random I know. LOL

That made me laugh! I hate when SAs always ask if I need help after I have told them I'm just looking or I'm fine. LOL! The closest CCO to me is over 4 hours away in another state but, anytime I am near one when traveling, I make a point to get to it.

Mazi

The blogger reallyree has swatches up of a few items from bobbi brown collection including the pink highlighter

fur4elise

so then the closest CCO to you would be Michigan City, IN? Wait, let me do some digging I thought there was another outlet in Michigan? Looks like Birch Run is the only pulling up. Years ago my cousins and I were obsessed with hitting up Coach Outlets, I thought there was one closer to Grand Rapids and would have a CCO.

Ah. So there is a Cosmetic Company Store at Birch Run! I did not know this! It is only about 2 hours away (closer to Detroit than G.R.).The next time I am a free bee, I will take a little day trip to do some shopping. In fact, I have to burn a couple vacation days before July 1 or I lose them. I hate taking days off to do nothing...

Icecaramellatte

I'll have to look in my stash but I don't think I have Smooth Merge. Having never swatched a BB product I could not say anything about texture. I am content for the meantime to actually use something I forgot about. ;) ~ LOL! I have Brunette from that 2009 collection. I have made a serious dent in that MSF over the years. Still one of my favorites for sure!

Yes. I think Mac was definitely the pioneer when it came to bringing highlighter to the masses.

Shars

Thank you.

Have you guys seen the CInema Secret Ultralucent Illuminating powder and Danessa Myrics powders (Shars didn't you get those), I thought they might be like those.

I'm trying to remember if I saw the Cinema Secret ones at the show but if I did they don't stand out in my mind. Yes, I picked up some of the Danessa Myricks ones! I still owe you swatches but I need to get out of the work cave in daylight in order to do them *sigh*

Yes! Could not have said it better myself! I freaking love BB Shimmer Bricks! If I could only have one highlighter, it would be BB Brownie Shimmer Brick! It has always been my favorite highlighter and favorite shimmer brick! It was limited edition and long gone but maybe one day she will bring it back.

That made me laugh! I hate when SAs always ask if I need help after I have told them I'm just looking or I'm fine. LOL! The closest CCO to me is over 4 hours away in another state but, anytime I am near one when traveling, I make a point to get to it.

Yessss!!! Shimmer bricks are soo beautiful. I'm actually wearing one called Lilac Rose today that I picked up at a CCO in the DMV area last winter. It's sooo beautiful and I think it came with a brush (which I don't use).

I always make sure and google CCOs whenever I'm planning a trip as well and somehow work in that mall. It's a sickness but I love it haha. Even better if there's a Lancome Outlet as well (Designer Fragrances) as then you get the Giorgio Armani, YSL, Urban Decay, Lancome and all that stuff discounted as well.

YarahFlower

These new Cover FX highlighters are liquid GOLD!!! Top swatches are Sunlight and bottom swatches are Candlelight! Not oily at all, dries down completely, long wearing and they blend out seamlessly! Surprisingly, you can wear these subtly or Boom bam boom in yo face packed with a punch seen from space! Highly recommend! :D

IMG_20160613_200609.jpg

fur4elise

These new Cover FX highlighters are liquid GOLD!!! Top swatches are Sunlight and bottom swatches are Candlelight! Not oily at all, dries down completely, long wearing and they blend out seamlessly! Surprisingly, you can wear these subtly or Boom bam boom in yo face packed with a punch seen from space! Highly recommend! :D
View attachment 54779

Thank you for the swatches and review! Not oily and drying down sounds awesome for my finicky combo skin. Those are gorgeous! :heart: Candlelight!

YarahFlower

Thank you for the swatches and review! Not oily and drying down sounds awesome for my finicky combo skin. Those are gorgeous! :heart: Candlelight!

You're welcome :D they are easily a favorite of mine now! I thought they might be oily because of the fluidity, but I'm happy to say that it's not an issue at all. Definitely game changers in the highlighter department! I'm thinking I may go back for celestial, although it's REALLY light, I'm curious to see how it fairs with my complexion. As for now, Sunlight is my favorite but candlelight is so gorgeous too!

boschicka

Thought I'd share this here. My coworker was talking to me the other day and mentioned another coworker, saying that the woman looks like she has "metal on her cheeks!" She asked what the heck it was. I need to go find my metal-cheeked coworker and see what highlighter she's wearing!

Shars

Thought I'd share this here. My coworker was talking to me the other day and mentioned another coworker, saying that the woman looks like she has "metal on her cheeks!" She asked what the heck it was. I need to go find my metal-cheeked coworker and see what highlighter she's wearing!

Best thing I've read all day!!! Yes, go forth and find thine shiny coworker and let us know! lol.