Hair color help!!! What do you recommend I do??

Tinkee-Belle

Hey guys! I have a question for everyone who knows anything about coloring hair... because I sure dont lol. I am currently a level 10 (platinum blonde) and I am sick of having to get my roots done every 3 weeks and want a more natural dark blonde color (like Lauren Conrads) My natural color is about a level 7, ashy dirty blonde. I have some serious roots right now because my friend who is a hairdresser keeps bailing on me, and I am getting fed up and am tempted to just do it myself. Is this a BAD idea? I dont want to mess up my hair.. but I also dont really have the cash to go to another salon. Any tips would be good, If it possible to do at home ... would I use a permanent or semi permanent color? What is the best brand? And what shade? I was thinking a level 8? Help pleeeaseee!! And thank you everyone <3

1165Cheryl

Hi,

If your going to make a big change & cant afford the salon I'd use semi perm the 1st time then once you get the color you like then go with perm. I always dye mine at home and just found this great brand, I also changes colors all the time, lol. My niece who just became a hair stylist doesnt like "box" dyes but was very impressed with this one, it's Clariol "Revitalique" it's around 9.50 but I got 3 on ebay for a good price. I had her do it for me since she was cutting my hair anyway, usually I do it. For her to be impressed with a box dye is a big deal, lol. It's the first time I've used this brand since it's pretty new.

Hope this helps....
smiles.gif

LoveVictoria

I would recommend Redken Shade ZQ; it’s a demi-permanent dye, meaning it doesn’t actually enter the hair cuticle. So it adds beautiful color and shine without actually altering your hairs natural pigment or chemical make up. This equals LESS TO NO DAMAGE! With Shades you cannot lighten your hair, only deposit color. Shades fade around the 6 to 7 week mark for me, but the amazing thing about Shades is that you do not get a line of demarcation. I color my own hair with Shades, and even though it’s a salon only professional color there are various sites online that sell them. Here's one for example: http://www.sleekhair.com/16025.html
As for the color, I would suggest 08Wg - Golden Apricot for those perfect LC locks. I would get two bottles of the color gloss for a total of 4 oz. and mix it with 4 oz. of developer, as the mixing ratio is 1:1. They also sell the special Shades ZQ developer on this site; make sure to get that specific one. Here's a link to the color chart for all the Shades colors: http://www.rdastores.com/11850/UserFiles/modules/file_upload_library/shadeseq_shadechart.pdf
Good luck!

User38

I agree with Love Victoria. Start with a demi color that way you diminish your chances of messing up your hair. If you want to go back to your natural color or a darker blonde and your colored hair is platinum, you will need to add some gold tones or you might wind up with a greenish cast... the Apricot shades seem good, but make sure you do a test run on a piece of hair which you can cut from the back of your head
smiles.gif

clslvr6spd

Like the others have mentioned, I would recommend doing a demi if you're going to do it at home.
But, something like this really isn't that easy to do by yourself. You could end up with major spotting in the back where it's not easy to see.
You are going to need to tone your hair with some warmth if you want gold like LC's hair.
Just be careful doll, its always cheaper to have a pro do it the 1st time around and do it right, instead of pay 150+ for color corrections. I see and do them all the time.

Tinkee-Belle

Thanks guys.... i chickened out haha... i have an appointment to get it done right now, doing it myself seemed too sketchy!

Latest posts