hair colour/ makeup colours

xLongLashesx

Do any of you guys change your makeup colours when you change your hair?

I went from brunette to blonde on the weekend, not blonde/blonde more a honey colour and suddenly my favourite e/s don't cut it for me anymore!

I wore my fave constructivist/satin taupe combo today and it just looks weird.

simplyenchantin

Nice change! I've gone from very dark to more red and haven't noticed it changing my make up too much.. definitely not eye shadows. Your change is more pronounced though - maybe you just need to get used to it? Supposedly I shouldn't wear blue eyeshadow due to my colouring but I still do and love it!

mindlessgapgirl

i definitely have that problem...i was dark brown (almost black) last year and when i dyed my hair blonde, certain colours looked terrible on me. i just switched back to bright red last week and now i can wear my favourite pinks again that just didn't look right beforehand. i found with blonde hair i needed more "colour" (ie neutrals looked terrible!)

breezybabe89

I died my hair from dark brown to platinum and I don't have trouble with eyeshadow colors. But it did take me a couple days to get used to it because initially the colors did look off when I wore them but once you get used to it you shouldn't have a problem.

gildedangel

I dyed my hair from dark brown to dark bright red and the only change that I will make is my brow pencil; when I run out of the brown one, I will buy a red one.
smiles.gif

piink_liily

I've gone from very dark brown to blonde and yes, I have changed my e/s colours. I used to love bright greens but they just don't look the same with my blonde hair. I wear more pastel pinks/purples now. I also don't feel like I can pull off a bright red lip anymore!
ssad.gif

xLongLashesx

I've done some experimenting.

I look more golden now, golden hair, NC skin, brown eyes.. so I tried some combos that I normally wouldn't. Suddenly Tempting is my HG brown!

Might be time to give sable another go!

tarnii

When I went from blonde to a fairly vibrant red I found that I had to completly change my makeup as I wore a lot of pinkish shades that just did not go with the red hair.

CatsMeow

Having been blonde, brunette and redhead - I can safely say that I've changed my makeup style (brows and e/s colours) to suit. Then again, it really depends on your eye colour. As I am a brown-eyed gal I find I can get away with most colours anyway. But when I was blonde, I opted for more pastel colours/grey, but now as a brunette I find that browns, greens, blues and violets are more my colours. When I was a redhead I loved khaki greens.

Bottom line - if you're brown-eyed with any hair colour, I think most colours can be easily applied. For blondes, the ashy grey and pastel pinks/purple colours are best, having said that, blondes need colour or else they look washed out. Also, some browns can look murky on blondes who are blue-eyed.

Hmm... hope that helps!
smiles.gif

xLongLashesx

Thanks for all the great advice guys!

I did a purple look yesterday with my shadowy lady quad and it really wasn't as flattering as it usually is.. Yet I did a green look the day before and it was fine. I've also found that the warmer golden/bronze browns look better on me now where before I favoured cooler grey browns.

What I've deduced is that dying my hair has taken me from a 'cool' type person to a 'warm', which is interesting as I thought it had more to do with your skintone.

Latest posts