Hair dye problems!

CaseyKezerian

Okay I've been trying to get my hair to a medium brown color at home, I can't afford a salon at all. I started with dyed black hair, and stupidly thought that blond hair dye would lighten it enough to dye it brown after, needless to say, it didn't work. So I bought a color remover and used it a few days ago and it lightened my hair just enough to try to dye it brown afterwards. So today I tried to dye it a medium brown. My hair somehow turned out a very dark brown. I was wondering if any of you knew if there was any type of product that would lighten it a little, like a shampoo or something, I don't want to dye it anymore. Thanks guys!

Mizz.Yasmine

it will lighten just from washing it after awhile! get a good clarifying shampoo(neutrogena has a GOOD one that has 5 star reviews everywhere i read about it) and use that once or twice a week until u see a difference.that will help strip the color and fade it alot faster.

MACATTAK

Totally agree with the above. I just dyed mine a light brown that came out darker then expected. A few days & washes later, it's a lot lighter.

shell12367

you can definitely try clarifying shampoo, or Nexxus makes a shampoo and treatment called Aloe Rid that might help you too.

I have also heard of people using baking soda to help remove some color. Good Luck!

MACForME

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyKezerian
Okay I've been trying to get my hair to a medium brown color at home, I can't afford a salon at all. I started with dyed black hair, and stupidly thought that blond hair dye would lighten it enough to dye it brown after, needless to say, it didn't work. So I bought a color remover and used it a few days ago and it lightened my hair just enough to try to dye it brown afterwards. So today I tried to dye it a medium brown. My hair somehow turned out a very dark brown. I was wondering if any of you knew if there was any type of product that would lighten it a little, like a shampoo or something, I don't want to dye it anymore. Thanks guys!

there is a great product called "Color Oops" that works like a charm. What it does is remove the color and return you to your original color..UNLESS you've bleached it. There are 2 kinds, regular & extra strength. I used the extra strength because I needed something that would take out older color..

You really do have to follow the directions to the exact letter.. maybe this will help you.

Cinci

once upon a time when my hair went too dark.. i washed it a few times with liquid dish soap and that faded it pretty quickly.. I'm sure some ppl will say thats not good for your hair but it didnt hurt mine at all.