Hair products you HATE.

YvetteJeannine

I cannot *stand* those 2-in-1 hair products...They don't provide NEARLY enough conditioning...Especially for people like me who have LOOONG, thick hair. The advertisments always say they make the hair so 'soft and full of body'...but I've never found this to be anywhere near the truth..In fact, any time I've ever used one, my hair is dull, limp, and I can't untangle it!!!!

I guess these products have their purpose...I could see people w/ short hair using these (especially men, who don't really tend to need as much conditioning); and they're probably well suited for showering at the gym...but I can't really see these working for anyone other than those with short hair!

BAMBOOLINA

ditto with l´oreal shampoos & conditioners, but also everything pantene and Garnier Fructis, I swear my hair feels dirty and sticky, ewww.

nibjet

These are not from personal use, but from dealing with my clients hair! I'm a hairdresser, and I swear, anyone who uses Suave, Pantene, or White Rain hairspray has very dry hair with a lot of breakage. White Rain is the WORST, I can smell that stuff as soon as water hits their head, and it's a sticky mess that takes me two shampoos to get out of the hair! It feels like tree sap!

From personal use, Matrix Curl Life, the smell would be amazing if it was a lotion, but not on your head! Paul Mitchell's The Conditioner, useless as a conditioner, but it's a great shave gel! Silky Sexy Hair shampoo & conditioner, it leaves too much buildup!

KikiB

Frederic Fekkai Protein RX line. It would be really good if you have extreme breakage and/or damage, but only for that and only as a temporary thing. The shampoo and such you would only want to use once a week. Even mixing it with the Glossing, I still got extremely brittle hair.

VO5 conditioners take a good 5 minutes to rinse out of my hair-and my hair does not feel clean afterwards.

jenjunsan

Biolage for some reason hates my scalp....it gives me horrible itchies and just yuck! I've heard other people really like it, but it's a big fat hate for me!

Dreamergirl3

SUAVE conditioners. The clear shampoos are too harsh to use daily, but find they make excellent clarifying shampoos.

I've never really liked much from Aussie, White Rain, or Clairol Infusium (the treatment was good at first but caused way too much buildup)

Sundae

hmmm, this is strange lol.
I spend a lot of time on african american hair boards (especially catered to natural hair) and a lot of the women there use suave, loreal, paul mitchel and the garnier products. At one time Suave was being mentioned as a staple and still is.

Thing is, these products are not typically created for afro hair but they seem to work some how
th_dunno.gif

However, I have tried one suave conditioner and it was TERRIBLE
thmbdn.gif
. I also tried paul mitchel's conditioner and that was crap also.

I think those were the worst products I've used on my hair

Ithica

The garnier shampoos and conditioner
ssad.gif
I was lured in by the smell.
Head and shoulders, I went through a phase of being paranoid about dandruff although i never had any - i did after using this stuff!

Tigi control freak shampoo and conditioner. Smells great.
Yeah.. lovely if you want a paintstripper type product. I've NEVER had colour stripped from my hair like that!

pumpkincat210

I hate pantene products. I think they weigh my hair down and make it look greasy, it also seems to show breakage at the same time. I'm not a big fan of cheaper end shampoos in general. Although some are getting better i do think you get what you pay for.

LMD84

i hate the herbal essences shampoo and conditioners (but people over here love it!) it made my hair really dry and crispy!

and i also hate redken extreme protein deep fuel masks. oh my word! meant to make hair stronger - i swear it made mine really hard and then snap! not good! i wouldn't mind but i read to use a conditioning mask after which i did but still didn't help. and i paid £15 for it!! that's $30! eep!

Sundae

can I ask, are you using the protein treatment more than once a week? If so your hair will BREAK. Protein is going to make your hair stronger but you should only really do a protein treatment once a month sometimes less.

Read the instructions, it'll probably say the same thing. Protein does make your hair stronger but if used too often it can have the opposite effect leaving your hair dry and brittle. Protein conditioners are not the same as moisture/softening conditioners.

have a read of this link about protein

condtionersProtein vs Moisturizing Conditioners - MotownGirl.com :: Do It Yourself Natural Haircare

You may need to test them again and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner to see the benefits. You may not have wasted your money on it

ok back to the hating lol

LMD84

well i used to use it every 4-5 weeks so definately not using it too often. i've got 2 packets left (think there were 5 or 6 in box) but i doubt i'll use it again. i'll stick to my deep conditioning.

Cosmopolitics

Here's a laundry list, haha.

anything Pantene, Garnier Fructis, Herbal Essences, White Rain, Suave, everything VO5 except the miracle mist, Samy's shampoos and conditioners would be alright if they weren't revamped to smell like Raid or Cutter, Matrix... it's like the song that never ends.

Oh yeah, and I'm allergic to the active ingredient in Head and Shoulders, I think. When I worked at a drugstore and there was a leaky tote full of Head and Shoulders and I picked up a bottle, my skin started itching and burning.