Hair Salons in Northern (Lutz) Tampa or Orlando

kelcia

Hey guys!
So next week i'm going to be in Tampa vacationing.. well mostly. Getting off this island to shop and what not.
My mom and I wanna get our hair cut (me maybe dyed depending on price)
I'm looking for a nice place but also not expensive like.. 30-40 bucks for cut?
I want something really edgy with serious sidswept bangs you know.. that whole emo/punk/scene sort of style but my mom probably wants something more classic..
Before we go to the wrong place I wanted to get some recommendations
(I hope this is in the right place...)
Anywhere around Tampa and Orlando
Thanks Guys!

liquidstar

I've never been but I've only heard good things about Alchemy in College Park. They may be a bit expensive though, they have a website but I can't think of it. They also always seem to be in the top 3 for the Orlando Weekly best of's.

kelcia

Yeah I found it thanks!
I'm just scared that it'll be expensive. And i'm not 100% sure i'm gonna get myself out to Orlando.
I might just buckle down and spend the money though if I do go there.

Cosmopolitics

If you want an edgy haircut and don't mind crossing the bridge to St. Petersburg, Star Booty in downtown St. Pete actually specializes in those kinds of haircuts.

If you don't mind getting a haircut by hairstylists-in-training (supervised, of course), the Aveda Institute's also in that area and is cheap -- around $20-$25.

kelcia

Star Booty sounds amazing. And according to the link a hair cut is 25 i'm not too sure about how that is now. But we'll see. If I can get myself over to St. Pete I'd definitely stop in.
Thanks!