Hair Straigtening Iron

Spanky

I'm looking for a good hair straightening iron & I'd love to know which ones you all can't live without. Also, I don't know whether I should be seeking a Ceramic or Tourmaline or whatever other terms they use now. I have semi fine hair, it is only for personal use & I won't use it every day more likely to use it a couple times a week. Also it would help me to know if ur able to use it on almost dry hair and/or any products that help keep the hair straight & protected from the heat. Again, I don't need anything professional, but I would like a good one. I've had a couple Chi's in the past, but wasn't wowed. Hopefully they've come a long way since I last had one. Thank u in advance!

glammy girl

I can't live without my GHD hair iron. It's amazing, I've been using mine for about 5 years now and have 4 ghds, all different sizes just because I love them so much and I use the one depending on what hairstyle I'm doing. They also curl the hair so you get a curling iron too. The GHD products and brushes are also great, they work very well with the hair irons :)

Monique Brown

I use the Karmin g3 which is really good, it's professional and you can make different styles with it, plus causes less damage to the hair and leaves it soft, frizz less and very straight. :) I love it, if you are interested you can check it out at safrons. com :)

shellygrrl

Staff member
Check out Folica.com. They've got an amazing guide to flat irons. This past summer I bought my first "professional" flat iron -- the Cricket Titanium Tourmaline 450. I've had it for a few months now, and I really like it so far. (It's available on Folica.) My hair is also fine, but I have a lot of it. For a heat protectant, I like Tresemme's for an inexpensive option, but lately I've been using Giovanni 2Chic Brazilian Keratin & Argan Oil Flat Iron Styling Mist. (It costs a little bit more, mainly because it's a more natural brand, but it won't break your bank, either.) You could also use some oils on their own as a heat protectant. There are a few out there that have a very high heat threshold. The Beauty Brains have some good info... http://thebeautybrains.com/2008/04/29/how-to-protect-your-hair-from-heat-damage/ http://thebeautybrains.com/2012/01/20/is-grape-seed-oil-good-for-protecting-hair-from-heat/

Latest posts