Hair treatments!! Any good ones?

mimi_panda

Heya!!
I need some help finding some good hair treatments!!
Has anyone found any amazing ones? Or any ones that is a 100% no no!!!!

My hair is curly but naturally wavy-ish, naturally black but now brown
ive had it chemically straigtened and then permed lol! Dyed it loads!!
So basically its dead! And i need some treatments!
Or anything else tbh that youd recommend?

Anything would be amazing!!
Thank you!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LMD84

honestly i think that putting olive oil on the ends of your hair or throughout the whole lot works wonders! i wrap it up in a food baggy and sleep with it on so it doesn't wreck the bedding. then wash it out and your hair is left super soft! also coconut oil is very good for dry ends.

Mabelle

there is a protein treatment by Aphogee (available at sally's, and with tons ad tons and tones of reviews/videos/ pictures on folica.com) that works nicely. It's 3 steps.
1. shampoo.
2. the treatment. Beware; this stuff is NASTY! It's yellowish brown and watery and smells rank as all hell. I gag a little when i use it. Anyway, you put it all over your hair, then pin it up, and blowdry it. It will get hard as a rock. Do not touch it once its hardend because while in this state you could snap off some of the hair. I think you need to leave it for a bit then rinse it off.
3. Condition. Use their conditioner.

You can only do this treatment every 6 weeks cause its so strong.
I know it sounds scary, but if you follow the instructions it yields very good results. My hair was very unhealthy before i started on it, and its gotten a lot better.

They also have a 2 minute Keratine Treatment that i use in the shower. I use it like a conditioner. A lot of people swear by this alone.

If that is too much for you, you can try Onjon restorative treatment. It's pricier than Aphogee, but its very highly rated. Im still trying to figure it out. I got it as gratis last week, but all the girls i work with go nuts for it.
It smells very earthy, and is a more solid cream and comes in a pot. scoop it out (only a tiny bit) rub it between your palms until it becomes an oil and apply it through damp hair. It says dry hair on the package, but a lot of people have trouble getting it out of the dry hair.

One last treatment/line i can suggest for very very dry hair is Moroccan Oil.
I use the intense conditioner in the tub (i think thats what its call?) It smells SO good. I apply this on damp hair and leave on for 20 mins to an hour. When i was it off my hair smells fantastic and is hydrated and smooth for a while. I use it once a week.

also, if your blow dry your hair, or ever find its crunchy try the moroccan oil. Its an oil with the same smell as the cream. I put it through my hair before i blow dry. It cuts the blowdrying time in half and leave my hair feeling fantastic! If you find your tips feel crunch take a teeny bit, rub through your hands and run over the ends. They'll feel so nice after. In fact i think moroccan oil makes a few products for curly hair!

mimi_panda

Thank you so much! Ill give them a try!!!

& How often do u think i should 'sleep' in the olive oil?
x

ambodidi

I have hair that's a bit like yours, except I haven't straightened it, and I love Masquintense and Aqua Oleum from Kerastase. Try them out! Have also ordered Argan oil, the stuff in Moroccanoil, will let you know how it goes.

MizzTropical

I love warming coconut oil for a hot oil treatment, I leave it on for about 20mins and then shampoo/condition, it smells amazing lol. My fav deep conditioner is by the brand Ion from Sally Beauty Supply, and my fav leave in treatment is L'Oreal Hair Fixer.

talste

I do the oil treatment also I steam my hair for 20 mins with a blend of castor oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, silk protein & pro vit b12 (last 2 ingredients purchased from a wholesaler) then wash, condition & finally add a vinegar & cold water rinse at the end to add shine & close the cuticle. My hair is in top condition only down side is hot oils strip hair colour (hot oils & clarifying shampoo is a natural solution to strip hair colour, picked that tip up from a HD then tried & tested it after a bad dye job
smiles.gif
)

I also use Keune & Joico hair treatments when I'm in between batches of my DIY stuff.

k.a.t

Quote:
Originally Posted by talste
I do the oil treatment also I steam my hair for 20 mins with a blend of castor oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, silk protein & pro vit b12 (last 2 ingredients purchased from a wholesaler) then wash, condition & finally add a vinegar & cold water rinse at the end to add shine & close the cuticle. My hair is in top condition only down side is hot oils strip hair colour (hot oils & clarifying shampoo is a natural solution to strip hair colour, picked that tip up from a HD then tried & tested it after a bad dye job
smiles.gif
)

I also use Keune & Joico hair treatments when I'm in between batches of my DIY stuff.

Oooo, this sounds like a really good cocktail for conditioning! can I ask how much of each oils you use and how you mix them together?

Thanks for this!

Miss Ava Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
honestly i think that putting olive oil on the ends of your hair or throughout the whole lot works wonders! i wrap it up in a food baggy and sleep with it on so it doesn't wreck the bedding. then wash it out and your hair is left super soft! also coconut oil is very good for dry ends.

Yes! Olive oil works wonders for me too.. it makes your hair smell like fried chicken but I have never had anything condition as well..
I warmed it up in the microwave and left it on for half an hour and then hopped in the shower and shampood and conditioned like normal.. it made my hair soooooooo soft.. I heard homeade mayonaise works well too but I"m content with my Olive oil
smiles.gif

talste

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.a.t
Oooo, this sounds like a really good cocktail for conditioning! can I ask how much of each oils you use and how you mix them together?

Thanks for this!

Sorry for the delay, I didn't have the thread notification email on, The oils are mixed to equal parts olive & jojoba, Then about half as much castor oil as its quite thick & sticky. I then heat the oil in the microwave for 30 secs in a ceramic dish (any longer & the oil gets too hot in my microwave) then dissolve 1 tbs each of the pro vit B5 (this is a very thick sticky liquid) & 1 tbs silk protein powder. The silk protien powder is a bit smelly so lately I have been adding a few drops of essential oil to the mix. I then apply to damp hair & sit under the steamer.

Then after washing & conditioning I do the final rinse with cider vinegar (forgot to mention the cider part in the last post) that I keep in a spray bottle in my shower. Leave that on for 30 secs or so and rinse off with cold water.

Hope that helps

pr317

I use Aveda's Damage Remedy treatment and it's great. My hairdresser told me to wring out as much water as I could from my washed hair, and even pat it with a towel to absorb excess water. Then apply a small amount and really work it through your hair. The longer you leave it on, the softer your hair will be, but I notice a difference even when I leave it on less than 5 min. in the shower. It has a pleasant smell, not too strong like other Aveda products.
I really like it,

JENJ5001

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi_panda
Heya!!
I need some help finding some good hair treatments!!
Has anyone found any amazing ones? Or any ones that is a 100% no no!!!!

My hair is curly but naturally wavy-ish, naturally black but now brown
ive had it chemically straigtened and then permed lol! Dyed it loads!!
So basically its dead! And i need some treatments!
Or anything else tbh that youd recommend?

Anything would be amazing!!
Thank you!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jojoba oil for a hot oil treatment

JENJ5001

Quote:
Originally Posted by talste
Sorry for the delay, I didn't have the thread notification email on, The oils are mixed to equal parts olive & jojoba, Then about half as much castor oil as its quite thick & sticky. I then heat the oil in the microwave for 30 secs in a ceramic dish (any longer & the oil gets too hot in my microwave) then dissolve 1 tbs each of the pro vit B5 (this is a very thick sticky liquid) & 1 tbs silk protein powder. The silk protien powder is a bit smelly so lately I have been adding a few drops of essential oil to the mix. I then apply to damp hair & sit under the steamer.

Then after washing & conditioning I do the final rinse with cider vinegar (forgot to mention the cider part in the last post) that I keep in a spray bottle in my shower. Leave that on for 30 secs or so and rinse off with cold water.

Hope that helps

Cider vinegar....Does that make your hair smell bad?

JENJ5001

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambodidi
I have hair that's a bit like yours, except I haven't straightened it, and I love Masquintense and Aqua Oleum from Kerastase. Try them out! Have also ordered Argan oil, the stuff in Moroccanoil, will let you know how it goes.

Have you gotten the argan oil... Heard about it and was wondering what it did for your hair

JENJ5001

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzTropical
I love warming coconut oil for a hot oil treatment, I leave it on for about 20mins and then shampoo/condition, it smells amazing lol. My fav deep conditioner is by the brand Ion from Sally Beauty Supply, and my fav leave in treatment is L'Oreal Hair Fixer.

I have used jojoba oil for a hot oil treatment. Have you used Jojoba?
Why I ask is.. I was wondering if you knew the difference between the jojoba and coconut oil.

It would smell nicer with coconut oil I think

I really like Nexxus Emergencee. I couldn't find it for a while but recently found it at drugstore.com. When I used it on a more consistent basis my hairdresser was amazed at how healthy my hair was. I think I need to start using it again!
tong.gif

elektra513

Another vote for Nexxus Emergencee. Don't forget to follow the directions exactly.

On another note: How in the world can you do all those chemicals and still have any hair?? I'm very curious, because if that were me, my hair would be on the floor (or in the garbage, lol).

jasikajack

Hair treatment,you do massage with oil regular and before wash massage and then wash hair and use a coconut oil,almond oil or olive oil and also do deep conditioning this a best treatment for a hair and you do once in a week.

ruthless

Get a hair cut! Not all of it of course, but a few inches.

And relaxing your curly hair then perming it-really? LOL that just seems so counterproductive.

I personally like Ojon restorative treatment. But olive oil or coconut oil or any kind of oil will put moisture back into your hair.

Then stay away from heat tools for a while-learn to love the ponytail Your poor hair and scalp!