Hair Weaving Glue = Eyelash Adhesive?

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBadGirl
Duo should sell their dark glue (which isn't even black or dark brown but some gross gray) in more stores.

DUO Dark dries black. You can find it at drugstores, too. I always see it in the entrance of Walgreens.

lovesong

Using weaving bond glue is not the same as a surgical false lash glue.I'm sorry.No way in hell that is safe.

It should not be applied on any other area than what is said it is intended for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamourgirl216
... and they lost chunks of their own lashes! since some of the glue bonds to the eyelash hairs, it may rip them off!

Thats what I was thinking...I wear weave with bonding glue and cuss everytime I take the weave out...b/c as we all know it is damaging to your hair and you definitely have strands of hair on the weave bond as it is removed. Regardless of how careful you are in taking it out (hair/eyelash) there has to be some remnent of your hair attached to it.

So as others have said, please be very careful with using bonding glue around ur eye area and on your eyelashes......

DIAMONDALLISA

:bigstar: I have done this many times people prefer it to ll glue cause its not ashot to ther eyes i tell the trick is to look down then it does not burn ,but some people never follow instructions but its ok not for too long though if it get in ur eye wash it out to avoid any bacteria forming or fungus after prolonged stay .but personally i prefer lash glue. :encore::encore::bigstar:

DILLIGAF

encore.gif
encore.gif
bigstar.gif
You said two words I never what to hear in conjunction with my eye. Fungus and Bacteria. I know plenty of women in the Miami area that use weave glue to attach their lashes. They say it keeps the lashes on longer. I'm sure it does but there is a reason I still have full natural lashes and many of them don't. I'm sticking with lash glue.

meangirlambi

I actually apply last strips every morning using bonding glue. Haven't had an issue yet... And they come off very easily at night with a bit of baby oil.. Not to mention I fell asleep in them quite a few times and they stayed in tact. I would just be careful with placement and make sure to use a tweezer with application.

Miss PD

My daughter-law put the eyelashes on for me with the Black hair glue, no problems, and any light oil (olive oil- baby oil,) will remove will remove them.

Paint&Ink Chick

i've had customers having to come in to get lashes put on every weekend, because they were previously wearing those "individuals" that are glued on with hair glue... and they lost chunks of their own lashes! since some of the glue bonds to the eyelash hairs, it may rip them off! i've seen it happen to alot of people. i don't don't think it's worth it, even if they stay on for a long period of time. not to mention the possibility of it getting into your eye! umm going to the ophthalmologist for an allergic reaction to a foreign substance can be really expensive! NOT WORTH IT PEOPLE!
See this is what I was wondering, if they lost hair. If you note, it's not recommened wearing a weave bonding in your hair too long. As the glue can pull your hair out. I have a friend who gets her lashes done this way, actually I've never seen her without lashes lol. I had thought about getting this done, but I'm a lens wearing and don't thing this would play out well. Imagine that hair glue getting in your eyes...ugh!

DILLIGAF

See this is what I was wondering, if they lost hair. If you note, it's not recommened wearing a weave bonding in your hair too long. As the glue can pull your hair out. I have a friend who gets her lashes done this way, actually I've never seen her without lashes lol. I had thought about getting this done, but I'm a lens wearing and don't thing this would play out well. Imagine that hair glue getting in your eyes...ugh!
You hit the nail on the head I can't recall every seeing anyone that wears their lashes this way without lashes. I tried a weave once with bonding glue and the time effort and mess it took for me to take it out was enough.

Paint&Ink Chick

You hit the nail on the head I can't recall every seeing anyone that wears their lashes this way without lashes. I tried a weave once with bonding glue and the time effort and mess it took for me to take it out was enough.
Girl yes! And while I love me a good weave lol gluing is not a option for my nature hair now. I've long ago started just having mine sew in (when and if I wear one). But how long are they to be kept on? My friend keeps hers on for days, weeks, meaning she prob sleeps in them....since she travels out of town to get them done. Also there are several Woc YT'ers who do this as well.

rosemurray

I have been wearing eyelashes extensions for a year, but I've never used glue for it. Anyway, I'm against eyelashes extensions because after I wore them, my eyelashes were so fragile.

Last edited:

shellygrrl

Staff member
But my friend said that when she wore lash extensions she had used glue for that. So, I thought that it's a normal thing to use glue.
You use lash glue for false lashes. If you get lash extensions, you typically go get it done professionally; it's not a DIY sort of thing. Even if one did DIY, I'd think you wouldn't use the same sort of glue a hairstylist would use for hair extensions and weaves.

toupeemoor

Bonding glue is used to adhere hair to the head. It's made from latex, water, and ammonium hydroxide. The bottle clearly reads "Avoid contact with eyes."

lol! its actually funny that you mentioned this, because I was in a nail salon with my mom once and one of the nail techs (who was a young asian girl by the way) was explaining to one of the customers that she used "weave" glue to attach her false lashes. they looked fine.. but I also wondered whether it was safe or not.
Actually, if the glue gets into your eyes, it can scratch the cornea and lead to possible scarring. Certain glues' fumes can also cause eye irritation and burning.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Uhmm..was really skeptical about this one. It might have a negative reaction to the eyes?

Haven't tried it and I wonder if it really works??? :D

Really!!! IS it Safe?

Using weaving bond glue is not the same as a surgical false lash glue.I'm sorry.No way in hell that is safe.

It should not be applied on any other area than what is said it is intended for.
Read that last post I quoted.

Latest posts