Hakuhodo - makers of MAC brushes

janette9687

Overall 2/3 ain't bad! I love all the brushes nonetheless and will continue to slowly purchase the must have ones from hakuhodo!
I kew you would love it! its my fave for countouring, i use to use the 109 but this is so easy and effortless im so glad you liked it!

cindypltnm81

do you think the g5543 be a good bronzer brush?
I'm sure it would be great for that purpose because the capabilities from style head. The j5543 I can see being used in multiple ways. If you're considering the g5543...let me know:) I can only thank you so much for recommending that g503 brush! I love it:)

MissTT

Overall 2/3 ain't bad! I love all the brushes nonetheless and will continue to slowly purchase the must have ones from hakuhodo!
Cindy you are awesome for posting all those pics.
th_drool.gif
I was considering the MAC 168 so I am stoked about your G503 review. Always looking for better. And yes the brushes look much smaller in your hands. I have larger hands too so it's kind of cool to see the scale. That way no major surprises. So sorry about your J531 though. $90 is way too much to spend on a shedding brush. What's the company's return policy? I'd hate to see you stuck with it.

cindypltnm81

Thanks for the comparisons. I just received my Tom Ford blush brush over the weekend and it was quite lovely. I was a bit disappointed to find that multiple hairs on the edges were splayed though. Cindy you are awesome for posting all those pics. 
th_drool.gif
 I was considering the MAC 168 so I am stoked about your G503 review. Always looking for better. And yes the brushes look much smaller in your hands. I have larger hands too so it's kind of cool to see the scale. That way no major surprises. So sorry about your J531 though. $90 is way too much to spend on a shedding brush. What's the company's return policy? I'd hate to see you stuck with it.
I'm get on that today. As I cannot stand a shedding brush:( that drooling icon is hilarious! lol please post a pic of your Tom ford blush brush...can you use it for cream blushes/products?? It it over $50. Maybe I can return the brush and get something else. And you are welcome hon! Hakuhodo displays online aren't the greatest... Do NOT get the mac 168! Girl, get that g503. I will not steer you wrong! I'm forever endeavored to the recommendations I received on here. You will be very happy woman:)

janette9687

Y
Thanks for the comparisons. I just received my Tom Ford blush brush over the weekend and it was quite lovely. I was a bit disappointed to find that multiple hairs on the edges were splayed though. Cindy you are awesome for posting all those pics. 
th_drool.gif
The g503 is a must if you're contouring its so much better then the 168 the bristles are densely packed and the head is big enough to deposit the right amount of color and blend beautifully.

janette9687

I concur:) Janette, what will be your next brush?
So i have a wishlist already with them all spaced out in $100ish transactions lol theyre not in a particular order, its whichever i feel like i need of. If it has a mac brush in () its because thats what im looking to dupe. HTH

J5529 $16
G5529 $21
G5528 $29
G5520 $21
J533 $18
= $105

J122R $28
212 $30
J212 $34
=$92

B264(brow) $22
J4003 $40 (mac 168)
J210 $44
=$106

J544 $41 (white hair mac 131)
G545 $24 (smaller mac 131)
J4002 $32 (white hair mac 188)
=$97

G5555-2mm $45
G5552-4mm $54
=$99

J5543 $60
Yachiyo large $46
=$106

B509 $72
G5509 $24
=$96

cindypltnm81

So i have a wishlist already with them all spaced out in $100ish transactions lol theyre not in a particular order, its whichever i feel like i need of. If it has a mac brush in () its because thats what im looking to dupe.  HTH J5529               $16 G5529             $21 G5528             $29 G5520             $21 J533                 $18 [COLOR=FF0000]= $105[/COLOR] J122R              $28 212                  $30 J212                 $34 [COLOR=FF0000]=$92[/COLOR] B264(brow)    $22 J4003               $40  (mac 168) J210                 $44 [COLOR=FF0000]=$106[/COLOR] J544                 $41 (white hair mac 131) G545               $24  (smaller mac 131) J4002              $32  (white hair mac 188)   [COLOR=FF0000]=$97[/COLOR] G5555-2mm   $45 G5552-4mm   $54 [COLOR=FF0000]=$99[/COLOR] J5543               $60 Yachiyo large   $46 [COLOR=FF0000]=$106[/COLOR] B509                $72 G5509             $24 [COLOR=FF0000]=$96[/COLOR]
LOVE Mac 131 for highlighter!! I only use it for that alone. Which I'm glad you dispalyed the dupes here:) hate the mac 188, don't really know what to do with it! But the 187 is my HG foundation brush. Wow all your price points are great! I feel like all my brush choice are always $60 :( than ks for sharing your list!!

cindypltnm81

LOVE Mac 131 for highlighter!! I only use it for that alone. Which I'm glad you dispalyed the dupes here:) hate the mac 188, don't really know what to do with it! But the 187 is my HG foundation brush. Wow all your price points are great! I feel like all my brush choice r over $60 :( thanks for sharing your list!!

janette9687

LOVE Mac 131 for highlighter!! I only use it for that alone. Which I'm glad you dispalyed the dupes here:) hate the mac 188, don't really know what to do with it! But the 187 is my HG foundation brush. Wow all your price points are great! I feel like all my brush choice are always $60
ssad.gif
than ks for sharing your list!!
Well i want the J544 for foundation, its uppose to be like a mix btw the 187 and 131 but with the white goat hairs in the j series so I think if you love your 187 ( i dont have one, im waiting for the SE for the Rihanna collection ;) ) you will love this one for foundation then. I saw that the G545 is much smaller and i want this one for highlighting as well. My mac 131 works great for msfs so i wanted a hakuhodo dupe for it. I have a short handle 188 and I use to have a long handle 1 and swapped it, which now i wish i would have kept it bcuz i like the long handle better but now im just replacing it with the hakuhodo dupe. Really i sue mine a lot for cream blushes, lustre drops or liquid highlighters, moisturizer, or even run over my powder with fix plus.

I try and look for a reasonable priced one. Most expensive ones i have bought was the B103 that was $72 and there was no getting past that one the S103 was even more $$$ and the K020 which was $65 and i only got that one because its blue squirrel and you know how good that works for dry skin so thats enough to justify those, other than that i have been able to find good price points.

I think the eye brshes are like all the other brands, I still have to post my eye brushes crap! i just washed all my brushes today so ill be able to take pics tomorrow. If you need any more help finding a brush you can always chat up here! lol

MissTT

Learning so much from you ladies. Thanks so much for posting. Now I've got my eye on the J4003...
Do NOT get the mac 168! Girl, get that g503. I will not steer you wrong! I'm forever endeavored to the recommendations I received on here. You will be very happy woman:)
Didn't get my TF brush posted last night. Will do it when I get home. TBH so far I'm not sure about its application. It's very dense so at first it doesn't want to pick up the powder. Then when I add more it doesn't really seem to want to blend it with my skin making my application streaky. Could be user error so that's why the jury is still out. I've been using it on it's flat side to kind of pat the blush on and then blend which works with all my other brushes. I'll switch to the top part of the brush later. With it's density it can definitely work for cream blushes imho although I don't use creams due to my oiliness so my advice is worth whatever LOL.

cindypltnm81

Learning so much from you ladies. Thanks so much for posting. Now I've got my eye on the J4003... Didn't get my TF brush posted last night. Will do it when I get home. TBH so far I'm not sure about its application. It's very dense so at first it doesn't want to pick up the powder. Then when I add more it doesn't really seem to want to blend it with my skin making my application streaky. Could be user error so that's why the jury is still out. I've been using it on it's flat side to kind of pat the blush on and then blend which works with all my other brushes. I'll switch to the top part of the brush later. With it's density it can definitely work for cream blushes imho although I don't use creams due to my oiliness so my advice is worth whatever LOL.
No, your advice is appreciated. We can all direct each other. I too have oily skin, so I don't always reach for my cream blushes. But they work great as bases for your blush longevity:) I might relax on my brush shopping....been spending too much money and 6yo daughter is alrdy askig to go summer shopping.

cindypltnm81

Well i want the J544 for foundation, its uppose to be like a mix btw the 187 and 131 but with the white goat hairs in the j series so I think if you love your 187 ( i dont have one, im waiting for the SE for the Rihanna collection ;) ) you will love this one for foundation then. I saw that the G545 is much smaller and i want this one for highlighting as well. My mac 131 works great for msfs so i wanted a hakuhodo dupe for it. I have a short handle 188 and I use to have a long handle 1 and swapped it, which now i wish i would have kept it bcuz i like the long handle better but now im just replacing it with the hakuhodo dupe. Really i sue mine a lot for cream blushes, lustre drops or liquid highlighters, moisturizer, or even run over my powder with fix plus. I try and look for a reasonable priced one. Most expensive ones i have bought was the B103 that was $72 and there was no getting past that one the S103 was even more $$$ and the K020 which was $65 and i only got that one because its blue squirrel and you know how good that works for dry skin so thats enough to justify those, other than that i have been able to find good price points.  I think the eye brshes are like all the other brands, I still have to post my eye brushes crap! i just washed all my brushes today so ill be able to take pics tomorrow. If you need any more help finding a brush you can always chat up here! lol
I love to see your eye brush collection.

janette9687

5b13c410_image.jpeg
L-R: J142, J146, G5522, J5522, Mac 224, Mac 217, J5523, G5523, Mac 219, G5514, G5515
bb3c111f_image.jpeg
Mac 239, J242G, G5526, Mac 226, LY38b, LY38a, LY38, G5533, J5533
7fe9b1d7_image.jpeg
Mac 213, J121G, J220G, Mac 239, J242G, G5526, Mac 226, LY38b, LY38a, LY38 Mac and Louise young brushes are there for comparisons

cindypltnm81

5b13c410_image.jpeg
L-R: J142, J146, G5522, J5522, Mac 224, Mac 217, J5523, G5523, Mac 219, G5514, G5515
bb3c111f_image.jpeg
Mac 239, J242G, G5526, Mac 226, LY38b, LY38a, LY38, G5533, J5533
7fe9b1d7_image.jpeg
Mac 213, J121G, J220G, Mac 239, J242G, G5526, Mac 226, LY38b, LY38a, LY38 Mac and Louise young brushes are there for comparisons
Ridammm diculous!! lol I thought I had a massive brush collection! I see you been collecting from hakuhodo for awhile now! Love it:)

cindypltnm81

3397f4ba_image.jpeg
Well these are my brush collection! I left out my Mac 150 and hakuhodo S100 brush. Totally forgot they were in my bag:( too lazy to take all these brushes out just to add 2 more. lol My collex mainly consist of: MAC NARS Hourglass 1 sigma brush (don't like that brand) Hakuhodo (newly added) Will post my eye brushes later...

MissTT

For Cindy - Tom Ford Cheek Brush

Snapped this quickly before washing. Sorry for the Modern Mandarin. I can take some more pics after I wash it so you can see the density. I've only used it with MAC blush and it seems to drag across the powder. No way I want to try it with NARS right now. Perhaps on a weekend when I've got time to fix it up if needed. I still need to play with brush to figure out the best application method. My tap and blend hasn't been working the way I'd like.

janette9687

Learning so much from you ladies. Thanks so much for posting. Now I've got my eye on the J4003...
Didn't get my TF brush posted last night. Will do it when I get home. TBH so far I'm not sure about its application. It's very dense so at first it doesn't want to pick up the powder. Then when I add more it doesn't really seem to want to blend it with my skin making my application streaky. Could be user error so that's why the jury is still out. I've been using it on it's flat side to kind of pat the blush on and then blend which works with all my other brushes. I'll switch to the top part of the brush later. With it's density it can definitely work for cream blushes imho although I don't use creams due to my oiliness so my advice is worth whatever LOL.
Thank you for your post of the Tom Ford, phew I thought Hakuhodos were pricey these are wowza! I think ill go check them out as there is a Tom Ford counter at my nordstroms before i leave home.

cindypltnm81

For Cindy - Tom Ford Cheek Brush Snapped this quickly before washing. Sorry for the Modern Mandarin. I can take some more pics after I wash it so you can see the density. I've only used it with MAC blush and it seems to drag across the powder. No way I want to try it with NARS right now. Perhaps on a weekend when I've got time to fix it up if needed. I still need to play with brush to figure out the best application method. My tap and blend hasn't been working the way I'd like.
Thank you Miss TT :) And may I say...I'm loving your brush, it's so pretty :eyelove: The handle reminds me of the hourglass a little:) does it pick up allot of color with one swipe? Looks like a dream blush brush!! Thank you hon for sharing it!!