Halloween? Costume and make-up input, please?

eulchen

Hey!

Actually Halloween isn´t something I would celebrate or anything... mainly just because of the fact i live in germany and we don´t celebrate it here (in general... there is a lot coming from the US in the past years so this is getting more and more known) ... this is why I have no idea what to do with the situation facing me this saturday at work (yeah, i know saturdays 1st of november, but were closed on the 31st, since its a holiday in my state)

since the shop i work at (UK company) has several halloween products launched this year we are planning a special theme day to get the customers attention on them. now i am a sucker for theme days and like to dress up for work... but i have no clue what to wear, now that three of my colleagues announced theyre coming as witches. damn. there goes my idea. (and i could have recited the witch from hamlet even... that wouldve been a great show. *sulks*)

now i am stuck. as what could i go to work, something which is pretty easy to dress up for (i have a low stock on clothes right now)?

i am thinking morticia addams... or a mummy... or.... something?

help me? what is scary and does not need a lot of special clothing?
th_dunno.gif

abbey_08

vampire doesnt really require much, some fangs, pale face and blood red lips. or a cat? or you could be a fallen angel, dark smokeyish make up and black wings/halo

florabundance

a lot of people are going as amy winehouse cos it's easy and obvious. but yeah morticia adams is a great idea! black dress, long red finger nails, long black wig/straightened hair etc.

eulchen

amy is not a classical scary monster though... is she?
th_LMAO.gif

thanks for the input everybody!

i got white body paint, black hairspray, a little tube with theatre blood and some black fabric today. im currently thinking of a dead bride with black corsage, wrapping the fabric around my legs as a nice skirt, doing a crazy black hairstyle and then painting me white all over with a ghostly makeup... as for the makeup ill be browsing here a little more...

i could go with morticia, but im missing the longsleeved top, so i dont know if it would be obvious... and i think a little more look like i came straight from a grave wouldnt hurt either...

abbey_08

haha my friends gonna b amy winehouse, apparently they even sell amys tattoos on ebay lol.

dead bride sounds really good! and alot different to your other colleages if they are going to be witches

eulchen

so im almost a month late, but i didnt want to not show how i ended up:

this is my halloween work outfit.
CIMG0458.jpg

costume.jpg

CIMG0479.jpg

yes, i had a lot of fund scaring kids that day.
th_wink3.gif

for the outfit i used a corsage i have for several years now, and a big black fabric, that i gathered with safety pins.