halloween costume help!!

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Last minute plans, saturday night., And I think I've decided to do a " outta the 80's" theme for myself. (last minute like I said, and Its fairly cheap)

I need ANY tips and tricks Any of you ladys would care to offer me!! Makeup, clothes , accessories, hair, whatever!!!

so far I pretty much know what to do with my hair,Thats an easy one for me.

I don't have much 80s attire though,. I have tons of bangle bracelets which I will be wearing, I have the earrings (I dug them outta my moms old jewelry box, and they are PERFECT!! haha.

anything helps!

j_absinthe

Get yourself to your nearest thrift store and find some obscenely large blouses, goto the wig shop and go as Peg Bundy, or a Golden Girl!

Shadow

These pics of Madonna capture the '80s fashion ....

madonna3.jpg

meiming

something that's simple but reminds me of the 80's is the way oversized t-shirt knotted towards one hip or held by a shirt-clip (remember those?), a pony tail sitting really high on the head and teased a bit, colorful leggings and/or skinny jeans would work with leg warmers or really tall socks worn 2 pairs on each foot in different colors. I guess it's more punky brewster? you can wear converse or keds too. The bangles can totally go with this outfit as well as giant primary colored plastic earrings
smiles.gif

GreekChick

Do you want to go as dressy 80's, or sporty 80's?
If you choose dressy, just copy the clothing the actresses used to wear in "Dynasty"!

aeni

Makeupwise - heavy foundation, powdering, frosty eyeshadow going up to your brow, thick brows, heavy on the blush (hell it was still being used for contouring sometimes), lipsticks of all shades were popular....

Hair - you can probably just curl your own in a sloppy pattern and fluff your bangs (if you have).

MxAxC-_ATTACK

I ended up with big teased partially crimped hair, a hot pink skirt, leggings and leg warmers, off the shoulder shirt with a bright green tank top underneath. haha!! It was awesome. thanks for all of your help!!

( I found a bunch of really cute legwarmers at Target!, now if i can only decide what to wear them with in everyday life.... I cant wear skinny jeans due to my athletic legs, (like a horse) it looks dumb)

meiming

That's awesome, sounds like a great costume. Please post so we can all admire your creativity
greengrin.gif