Hallowe'en FotD

CatDetective

My hasty Hallowe'en drowned Ophelia look! (both before and after someone brought pizza to the arts center's party... which left my lips significantly less blue, but still nice and grey)

Face:
NYC BB Cream (it was closer at hand and I had a bus to catch, but it would not have been my first choice)
e.l.f. mineral booster
Scaredy Cat Cosmetics eyeshadow in 'Robin the Cradle'
e.l.f. mist-and-set spray

Lips:
NYX Macaron Lippie in Blue Velvet
OCC Lip Tar in Sebastian

For the lips, I applied Blue Velvet just to the inside of the lip, then applied Sebastian around it right away and just sort of rubbed it all together while Blue Velvet was still fresh, for a nice drowned-and-dead-and-frozen look. Blue Velvet could not survive greasy pizza... but Sebastian did! And really, it was a better dead look once a bit of the color had worn away, felt more natural.

Using shimmery blue eyeshadow as blush... Well, it was fine for Hallowe'en-- I wish I'd had time in front of the well-lit magnifying mirror to do a better job with it, because I did do my makeup on the run and it did come out less than even as a result.

The mist-and-set spray did a great job with my foundation and mineral powder (except the spot across my nosebridge where my glasses had already rubbed away some... oops!), but it did NOT keep that eyeshadow-as-blush locked down! That stuff came off with the slightest touch. Still, I wouldn't have skipped that step even knowing what I know now, because I feel like it was an essential part of drowned Ophelia. I also dusted a lesser amount across my brow and chin to keep from looking too lively.

Latest posts