Halloween

wootangnit

This was my first try at any sort of "un-natural" makeup. It is very hard! I have always liked the unzipped look and the skull look. Finally had time to do it today. Also, my roomate is a film major and hooked me up with really good lighting in my room for makeup and photos.

Here goes..
BTW Ignore the hair. It was a gross rainy day today
smiles.gif

IMG_4583.jpg

IMG_4585.jpg

IMG_4584.jpg

IMG_4589.jpg

Face-
Studio Tech NW30
Medium Plus Mineralize Skin Finish

Skull Side-
CHEAP NYC White Eyeliner
Gesso Eyeshadow
Carbon Eyeshadow
CHEAP Red Lipliner (no brand)
Blacktrack Fluidline
Halloween Store Black Cream Color

Unzipped Side-
Blacktrack Fluidline
Beauty Marked Eyeshadow
Passionate Eyeshadow
Red side of Mi Lady
Carbon Eyeshadow
Baby oil

Last weekend I went back home for a Halloween party with some friends. I was the Miller Highlife Girl. I had to do other peoples makeup so I didn't really like this look.

me.jpg

ladies.jpg

*My friend was Medusa. She had snakes in her hair and the makeup was awesome. I may have some pictures somewhere else..*

Face-
Studio Tech NW30
Mineralize Skinfinish Medium Plus
Mi Lady Red as Blush

Eyes-
Red side of Mi Lady
Beauty Marked Eyeshadow
Crystal Avalanche Eyeshadow
Tons of Blacktrack
Halloween Lashes
Reflects Gold Glitter
Espresso on brows

Lips-
Wet and Wild "RED" lipstick

Please please PLEASE give me some advice. Any tips on improving my un-natural makeup Also, any ideas on how to make my halloween costume makeup better would be VERY much appreciated.

malaviKat

Your unnatural looks are fabulous! (Have you been watching Petrilude on YouTube?)

One thing I would suggest (but I'm by no means an expert having never really tried anything quite so outlandish) would be to get a good base...something creamy. You can blend eyeshadows in for contouring your skull, but you need a nice smooth base upon which to do it. Pick up some cheap clown makeup before Halloween if you don't want to fork out $$ for expensive stuff while you play.

Otherwise though...I really like it. I know I couldn't pull this off!

(Love your Miller girl as well.)
smiles.gif

wootangnit

Thanks a lot for the advice! I was totally inspired by his youtube channel. I just discovered it today
smiles.gif
This project was very spontanious but I think your advice on a creamy base will really help. Thanks so much.

malaviKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootangnit
Thanks a lot for the advice! I was totally inspired by his youtube channel. I just discovered it today
smiles.gif
This project was very spontanious but I think your advice on a creamy base will really help. Thanks so much.

Yah...petrilude is fabulous! I love everything...EVERYTHING he has posted. If you haven't already checked her out, I also recommend monroemisfitmakeup. She does some great stuff as well...not necessarily anything for Halloween but her stuff is fun.

As for a creamy base...I got a surprisingly awesome cream base from Dollarama for some Halloween stuff I was doing. (This after I spent good money on a MAC paint stick in Pure White). :p The dollar store base was great...sad to say. LOL

chantelle8686

oh wow great job!!!!
I want to try the zipper look also...as i have seen it but im gonna look into it a bit more..as i have seen it done on utube sumwhere.....
Also shows that u did alot of work into those 2 looks!! very well done!!

Manda-la

Oh wow the first look is wicked! The zipper really creeps me out
tong.gif
I really like your Halloween costume look too!

k.a.t

I nearly fell out of my chair when i saw that first picture, lol! but, wow! You are really talented!
Spooky!