Halo Hydrating Perfecting Face Power...Love or Hate?

Hemons

Hey everyone. I have been using the Smashbox Halo Hydraing Perfecting Face Powder every since it was released in December 2007. I like it quite well so far. Anyone else tried it? If so, what do yout think? I wear it as a foundation and find it to provide good coverage. I am NW20 and the Halo in Fair is great for me. Would love to hear your thoughts!

mizuki~

Is this the on that has that shaver thing? I heard from a friend that this was the bomb lol

dorkynerd

I have been using Halo for almost 2 months now and I am loving it. I love the delivery system. I am most impressed by how long it has lasted me. I thought for sure it would be gone in a month. (I wear MU every day) I do however think the price could be better.

wifey806

That packaging is what caught my eye. Unfortunately, the undertones didn't really match my skin good enough to pay the price. But I'm glad you're enjoying it!!

lindas1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh76
Is it really glittery? I want to try it, but I hate any type of glitter/shimmer.

Its got no glitter at all in it, its very natural and on my skin atleast it blends in like a dream. I love it, to me its goof proof foundation.

lilMAClady

It gives me the most GORGEOUS glow (for which Smashbox is expert IMO)! I love it! I've been using it since August and I adore it. It suits me (sans tan) to a tee! I love it! Do try it! I use the Dark (I'm NC45) No glitter, no shimmer just a nice even coverage with a glow.

Yeah, I like the matte finish - I find it better for during the day not so much for the glossy glowy makeup I wear on the weekend [you know the out all night, eating from a taco vendor at 2am and still up for more type makeup!]
winks.gif

But it's very workweek and office friendly.

GlamQueen21

I've heard of that product before and seen it on sephora.com and ulta.com. I heard it's very good and I will try it soon.

Love Love Love it,Have been wearing it a month now & the coverage is amazing & my skin looks great.

The package is also amazing its doesnt go everywhere.
Im nw30 & wear light x

ame

Did not like. Covers nothing. Is crazy shimmery like BE and I hate that, and the color selection sucks. I am stuck between two shades.

Hemons

When I first tried it, I didn't like it. As i used it more and more I began to love it! It is expensive, but it lasts forever. The first one I had lasted me almost a year!
As far as the bronzing Halo goes (I think it's called Halo Illuminizing Powder or something like that) I'm not as big of a fan. I am fair (NW15/20) and it can be too dark on me. I have to make sure I use a very light hand. I also have to pat the brush off on a tissue before applying it. For those reasons, however, I think it will last a lot longer than my regular Halo.

dorkynerd

I liked it at first..but after a month or so, I noticed it was kinda glittery on me. I like a more matte finish.

RobinLynn

I have been using SB Halo since the summer as my foundation and love it. I used to use BE in med. beige and I have been using Halo in light and get great coverage. The color is a bit cool for me so I all so use a slight dusting of Halo in Medium. I have been using the Halo Glow(bronzer) too but that needs a very light hand. I use the MAC187(duo fiber) brush for that and now its perfect.

CosmePro

I've been thinking about trying this, but it is so expensive! I don't know what color I would be anyway. I'm usually NC25 and BE golden medium, which would that convert to?