Hand cream that works?

onezumi

Hand creams seem to be gross and greasy and they don't last more than 5 minutes. Any recs for something that works?

noahlowryfan

i would love to know that too. my hands has been getting dry and flaky when its cold. maybe me not drinking enough water is one factor.

onezumi

I thought water might help, too. I increased my water intake and it doesn't seem to help. I know one factor is my day job's terrible soap... But even before now I got really dry.
ssad.gif

GlossyAbby

I love loccitane hand cream sephora sells it... they have a shea/coc butterone but I hate the scent of that so I use the lavender one

Obreathemykiss

I don't know about a handcreme, but I have found that vaseline under gloves overnight will restore the moisture, stop the flaking, and make them super smooth!

user79

The Norwegian Formula one is really heavy duty and lasts a pretty long time on my hands.

Brittni

Lotion wise I absolutely LOVE Bliss' Body Butter. It's thick but not too creamy and nasty feeling like most body butters and it has suchhh a good moisturizing quality about it. I'm sad that my free size from Sephora is gone now cause it's kind of expensive for a big tube.
ssad.gif

dollypink

crabtree & evelyn hand therapy is amazing. i have a la source one i keep at home, and a rose one i carry about with me. they make me hands feel like new!

red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACa6325xi
L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream is my absolute favorite.

this stuff is amazing
th_DANCE.gif
, doesn't come cheap though.

here

Angelcorrine

I usually use Lubriderm for Extra Dry skin (the dark red top) at work because it soaks in really fast and I need to type at work.

When I worked at a day care (and washed my hands about every 5 minutes) I used Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve. I swear it stays on through a few hand washings. It's pricey, but a tiny little bit is all that you need. It takes a couple of minutes to soak in, but when it does it's fantastic.

coma_white

Aveda hand relief is actually quite nice - I keep a travel size in my purse when I'm out and about.

At home though, I love LUSH's Smitten hand cream, followed by one of the massage bars - following this routine two to three times a day, and my cracked, flaky hands became (and remain) soft as butter without ever feeling greasy!

Nox

I don't really keep applying lotion to my hands throughout the day.

What I do these days is sleep with moisturizing gloves every night, keeping my hands covered in shea butter (I air whip a small tub of it, and I keep that in the pantry just for my hands). Over time, it seems that it actually made my skin 'better quality'. I don't even have knuckle lines anymore, can you believe it? It retains moisture very well, it's soft and supple, very resistant to dryness, I don't crack or get split cuticles. It's cheaper than any expensive lotion out there, and you only need a little bit of it to see those benefits.

onezumi

Ooo! SO many great ideas!
greengrin.gif

Hmmm, shea butter? I might try that. I actually have terrible trouble with scar lines on my knuckles. (I used to be a semi-pro kickboxer and I cut my knuckles open a lot.) It would be nice to kind of minimize that.

candlesxvi

OMIGOSH the BEST hand lotion ever is Palmer's concentrated hand cream with vitamin e. the cocoa scent is a little nauseating but it's so worth it to have amazing hands. trust me, they got so bad during the winter that my knuckles would crack and bleed. this stuff is the holy grail!