Has a MUA/Hair Stylist ever screwed you over?

Pikahime

Hi everyone!
Recently I was looking through pictures from my mom's wedding when I found this beauty

It's a picture I took of myself right after having my makeup done for my mom's wedding. Compare that to this picture of me, where I'm not wearing any foundation.

The makeup artist was nice, and my mother looked beautiful, as well as my sisters. However, I thought I looked orange and completely overdone. I could clearly see that my neck was lighter than the rest of me (and that's bad in my case because my face and the majority of my body are all one color, plus I was wearing an open dress). I didn't have the heart to tell the makeup artist that I thought I looked bad, and everyone else at the wedding told me I looked beautiful. My best friend (who doesn't wear makeup), saw me right after the makeup was applied and said "Did she put.. too much bronzer on? You look.. uhm... orange".

I'm over it now, and I laugh hysterically whenever I see this picture. It's funny because I really wanted to put my own makeup on for the wedding but my mother insisted I "pay a professional" to do it because my doing it wouldn't look the same. And of course she was the bride so I wanted to fulfill her wishes. Seeing this picture today brought the question to me, have you ever had a really bad experience with an MUA or a Hair Stylist? How did you react and what steps do you take now to make sure it never happens again? I've had a few bad experience with make up artists and stylists alike, and it just makes me more cautious on who to trust.

goldielockss

well, i cant really see your face in the picture, but i wouldnt say she screwed you over. she probably didnt do the best, but im a little biased as i'm a cosmetologist. everyone does different things and does things their own way. my best friend is AMAZING at makeup, yet when she does mine i literally hate it. i think you looked pretty either way, though.

Latest posts