Has anyone ever considered just using primer for the day and thats it?

AmiS4ys

Putting on my make up this morning, my regime is usually my Green Smashbox primer and then my foundation. Pretty normal. But as I was applying my primer I notice that the primer filles in my pores and makes my face just as smooth as anyone else's when they put on foundation. And because I have a color correcting primer, my face is a normal color and not crazy pink. It doesnt turn my skin green or anything. I also think that because the primer has a silicone base, its great to wear when you have oily/combo skin; it keeps your skin matte all day. I'm solely just talking about face products, not lip or eye products.

Does anyone else do this or have you considered doing this? I may try that soon as I personally feel that less on your face = better skin.

kyuubified

I have used a primer and a translucent powder before, but not a primer on it's own (my skin is way too oily for that, even with a mattifying primer)

L1LMAMAJ

if i wanna go out with a bare face, i usually just put a bit of eye makeup on and no foundation so i can let my skin "breathe." i don't have dark circles so i reallyl don't know how to use concealer. =\

Tashona Helena

I actually have this primer from 24/7 (CVS brand) that says it can be used alone. I tried it and it did smooth out my face, pore-wise, but I have hyper-pigmentation so I can't really go completely with out foundation or concealer. So it's not unlikely I don't think, for to just use a primer.

User38

I wouldn't be caught dead without at least foundation..lol. My skin is light, uneven colores but poreless.. so many times I skip primer's all together and just do a light powder or foundation and blush.

TISH1124

Most of the time I always forget to put primer on...Not sure why I can't remember this step...But when I don't wear any makeup I try to put on a little blot powder

xxManBeaterxx

I couldn't do it. I have a silicone based primer and it needs something to stick on to whether its powder or liquid foundation.. or my skin will get oily quickly.

AmiS4ys

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx
I couldn't do it. I have a silicone based primer and it needs something to stick on to whether its powder or liquid foundation.. or my skin will get oily quickly.

Really? I would have figured that the silicone soaks up some of the oilyness.

AmiS4ys

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
Most of the time I always forget to put primer on...Not sure why I can't remember this step...But when I don't wear any makeup I try to put on a little blot powder

Unfortunately, I CANT forget to put on primer unless I want to look like a melted mess. Florida humidity shows no mercy, even to make-up, haha.

AmiS4ys

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
I wouldn't be caught dead without at least foundation..lol. My skin is light, uneven colores but poreless.. so many times I skip primer's all together and just do a light powder or foundation and blush.

True true, I have uneven coloring too which is why I used the Smashbox (Green) Photofinish Primer.

MaskedBeauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
if i wanna go out with a bare face, i usually just put a bit of eye makeup on and no foundation so i can let my skin "breathe." i don't have dark circles so i reallyl don't know how to use concealer. =\

SO lucky that you don't have dark circles!! Mine aren't really dark but they're noticeable not matter how much sleep I get. But a little concealer usually does the trick.

OP: If I wanna have a bare face then I just put on concealer and maybe a little sheer powder. I've never used a primer on my face though. What primer do you use that evens out your skin tone and all that?? I want to try it! LOL!

AmiS4ys

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedBeauty
SO lucky that you don't have dark circles!! Mine aren't really dark but they're noticeable not matter how much sleep I get. But a little concealer usually does the trick.

OP: If I wanna have a bare face then I just put on concealer and maybe a little sheer powder. I've never used a primer on my face though. What primer do you use that evens out your skin tone and all that?? I want to try it! LOL!

I use the green Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
smiles.gif

KimmyAnn_678

I can't do it personally, but I have some customers that just use a primer during the day. One lady even just uses a primer and never uses a foundation LOL.... could you imagine!

jess126xo

I dont use foundation ever because i honestly dont need it but i do use an eye primer alone on days that i go to work it actually works really well. i just hate put so much eye shadows sometimes but sometimes i like to wear liner so what i do is use soft orcher on my lids then sketch as a liner on my outer corner. this make my hazel/green eyes pop like crazy !

Brepowell

I was searching google with this exact question!! I have the same concerns/thoughts as you. I like what primer does... but my skin doesn't need foundation, its too heavy, I don't like the feeling of it, and i know this is weird too say- I think my skin looks better, healthier and brighter without it. I am thanking my lucky stars for that) I might use concealer to brighten once in a while, but otherwise- all I want to use is my redness primer a little around my nose, a hydrating primer... some setting powder... and thats it for face stuff.... I am glad there are more out there with the same wonders.... well I'm going to try it!

Erica53094

I usually just use a BB Creme since makeup is too heavy on most days. However I don't even want to bother w that and I just wear a primer. One w spf. Why not?

rockin

I rarely wear foundation as it feels too much like I'm wearing a mask. I do sometimes wear a little powder over mosturiser, though.

On a few occasions I have worn just L'Oreal Studio Secrets Primer to my dance class. It makes my skin look and feel smoother and even slightly tones down the redness on my cheeks.