has anyone ever crushed up an eyeshadow?

xkriss

I hear of alot of people pressing their pigments but has anyone crushed p a shadow to make it into a loose powder?

sleepyhead

Re: has anyone ever....

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkriss
does it come out nicely?

yes, worked nicely for idol eyes, but only because of the texture. i do not think it would work too well for anything other than lustres.

Jill35

I do that with my Shroom when I'm almost done with it so I can use it all before I buy another one. Other than that, I've never done it.

aprilprincesse

I crushed up a white shadow that I dropped, it came out pretty good - I just put it in a little sifter jar (I got 50 from ebay for a few bucks).

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
Other than trying to salvage a broken shadow, is there any particular reason to crush a shadow?

Well, once I crushed up a couple to slavage them it made me want to crush up more. I like loose powders. I think it just comes down to preference.

aziajs

Quote:
Other than trying to salvage a broken shadow, is there any particular reason to crush a shadow?

Well, once I crushed up a couple to salvage them it made me want to crush up more. I like loose powders. I think it just comes down to preference.

frocher

Quote:

I had a color that was way too dark, so I crushed it with a bit of shroom and I liked the result. I might try crushing other combos together when I start hitting pan on them.

lara

I dropped a pan of Expensive Pink, milled it into a powder and used it as loose blush.

Whoever said lustres work better as loose powder was totally right. They become so much more manageable and (almost) a pleasure to apply when they're in loose form.

BEA2LS

question, my deep truth broke, like really really broke and it is almost a loose powder now
ssad.gif
i do not like loose powders, even more so because it is a dark color.. should i just crush it more? would that even work well with deep truth?
i do not know what to do, it is a favorite of mine and i am kinda broke right now and cannot afford a new one.. should i crush it more? or should i try a different method?

Face2Mac

^^you can crush it completely and use it like that. Or you can crush, add alcohol and repress it. Look on youtube there are plenty of videos of how to do this, you would press it just like you would a pigment. There is also a thread on here about it.

HTH

BEA2LS

thanks, it does help - i am leaning towards just crushing it because i have did tried the alcohol method before and it ended up crumbling again.. i did search for that thread before, i will keep looking, thanks
smiles.gif
because maybe i messed something up last time.

spectrolite

I crushed up Bottle Green when it shattered in the pan as I tried to pry it out. It now lives in a little plastic screw top jar. It's still kinda chunky but it does the job.