Has anyone ever repotted/depotted Limited Edition Palettes

ambicion6

Such as the trip palettes?
I have 3 of these (warm, cool and bronze eye/face) and while I love the fact that they are all nice and orderly in their own container, I'm a little OCD and like all of my e/s in my 15-palettes.
Has anyone ever attempted to scrape out the e/s from these and repot in a round tin (using the alcohol method I assume)
or should I just leave well enough alone?
mac-cosmetics-cooleyes.jpg

TISH1124

I have never done it and I personally would not attempt it...But if you do let us know what the outcome was

GGBlu

I'm with Tish on this one. I'm OCD about my shadows too, but would never attempt to pulverize then "reassemble" panned shadows. I know people have used the alcohol method to put broken shadows back together before, but that was more out of necessity than anything.

Plus, I know I'm so OCD that if they didn't come out perfectly, I'd be really bothered.

ambicion6

yeah i don't think I am going to do it bc what if something goes horribly wrong!!! i just need to put those palettes by my 15palettes so i see them and remind myself to use them more often!

Almond_Eyed

I wouldn't risk it, but you could test it out with a colour that you don't really use. That way if it doesn't work then you didn't ruin your favourite shadow.

xxManBeaterxx

I have done it and it works, its easy but very tedious. I actually have a syringe with a thin metal tip (like a needle), i work in a lab so it was easy for me to get. Then i apply alcohol in the syringe and place the alcohol in the little cracks between the pan and the palette, wait 30 minutes so the glue becomes loose and then i remove the pan with a metal nail cleaner.

I did it with my manish aurora, dress camp, and hello kitty palettes.

xxManBeaterxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almond_Eyed
I wouldn't risk it, but you could test it out with a colour that you don't really use. That way if it doesn't work then you didn't ruin your favourite shadow.

I thought my eye shadows would of been ruined by the alcohol, but i learned that people press pigments using it. So when accidentally got alcohol on my eyeshadow when trying to depot my palettes i just waited until the eyeshadow dried up before using it. there was no change in the shadows color or texture, but there might be a ring stain from the alcohol (doesnt affect the eyeshadow)

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx
I thought my eye shadows would of been ruined by the alcohol, but i learned that people press pigments using it. So when accidentally got alcohol on my eyeshadow when trying to depot my palettes i just waited until the eyeshadow dried up before using it. there was no change in the shadows color or texture, but there might be a ring stain from the alcohol (doesnt affect the eyeshadow)

Totally unrelated but is your avatar a fusion of David Beckham and Johnny Depp?

xxManBeaterxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Totally unrelated but is your avatar a fusion of David Beckham and Johnny Depp?

yess!! how did you know?? ..your good
tong.gif

ambicion6

so i finally got around to doing this. I did it with the warm travel palette (lots of pinks and purples like Cassette, Parfait Amour, Leisuretime...). and it worked just fine! although, i do have a fair amount of e/s in powder form leftover that I put into a small gram jar.
I couldn't fit it into the pan because it would overflow, although now that its dried, and been pressed, there is room for more e/s at the top, but i'm going to leave it alone as is and keep the extra/leftover e/s for future usage whenever I hit the pan in the current depotted e/s (which may be many many yrs into the future lol)

panda0410

Nice job! I did this with some of my NARS shadows and the result was perfect, good as originally panned
greengrin.gif