has anyone heard anything good about ...

PrettyInPink101

shiseidos white lucent line? i always see it, but ive never heard anything about it
th_dunno.gif
and whats the difference between a lightening gel, and brightening gel????

Fairybelle

I have used the whole line and I must say that it is excellent! It won't 'lighten' your skin, but the cleanser is deep cleaning yet not drying, the toner is light and won't sting but it gets any gunk off your face after cleaning with the cleanser, and the moisturizer is light and not a thick cream--think almost 'gel cream' that goes on like a cream but smoothes gently. Lightening Gel is supposed to fade dark spots, surface pigmentation and discoloration on the skin, but you need to use it for a while to see any results... The Brightening Gel has an iridescence to it so it brightens your skin. However most of the products have some iridescence to them so that whatever you use will give skin a glow after using them. I have combo skin and I loved this line...

If I had to pick two favorites I would say the cleanser and the moisturizer. Everything else didn't WOW me too much, but they were excellent at keeping my skin clean without drying it out. HTH.

Kuuipo

Shiseido makes decent skin care, but the Whitelucent line isn't really effective for serious lightening of acne scars, melasma,age spots. I t does feel luxurious on the skin. (I am a huge label reader, and a giant chemistry buff)The reason it sells really well is the desire for a lighter complexion was marketed at Asian women. Pale meant wealthy, it meant you never went outdoors, it meant high social standing. Not all products that are marked "white" whiten. Shiseido recently discontinued their Hawaii line called ZA (it can still be found all over Asia) It had a division called "White" in little white bottles and compacts aimed at teenagers! I mean toner (it was pretty much alcohol,fragrance, deionized water-nothing fading there...." to masks, powder, and foundation and creams-but no product had any chemical that could "lighten" by any stretch of the imagination. Caveat Emptor!
Paula Begoun atleast has some pretty right on reviews of product effectiveness. Some libraries carry her book, and pretty much all bookstores. If you don't know what the ingrediants do (the salesperson will not know either), there are books in the library that tell you what the ingrediants actually do.

newagetomatoz

I just use the cleansing foam and it is so wonderful!! You only need a pea sized drop for your entire face and neck area! I have to agree that it does not "whiten" my face at all, but my face does feel so wonderful after using it. Even though it is not intended to be a remover, ever last speck of my makeup is completely gone after using it, so another reason why I love it. The only draw back is that it is a little pricey, but the tube has lasted me for months, so it really is worth it to me.