has anyone tried the eyeshadow duos from amuse?

pr1nces583

if so whats the colour pay off like? im a right in thinking they are mineralised e/s?

and do they cost the same as a regular e/s?

dangerousmuffins

I did see some EOTD on MUA using all the duos. Some looked like the color payoff was good, others, not so good, IMO anyways.

I think I heard that the duo e/s's are going to be $16.50.

I'm still very undecided about getting these.

BlahWah

Also, they are mineralized. FYI, I read in another thread that they will be $20 in Canada.

bebs

when swatching them in the store the only two that didnt give a good color payoff was the black and white one, you need to use a base like any other eyeshadow but I really like it
smiles.gif

KeshieShimmer

I just saw the EOTD and I love the softness of the colors. This sucks though because I really didn't want to buy any makeup this month! I'm already passing on the patternmaker stuff. I like that white/black combo.

Patricia

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeshieShimmer
I just saw the EOTD and I love the softness of the colors. This sucks though because I really didn't want to buy any makeup this month! I'm already passing on the patternmaker stuff. I like that white/black combo.

where did you see them
ssad.gif

asraicat

because mineralised items are baked, you can get them wet W/ no adverse affects to the product. The colour payoff when used wet is AMAZING. if you have the ones from last summer just try it to see what i mean.
METALLIC fantastic-ness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by professionaltart
They're actually more on the sheer side.

bebs

.. again and like with everyshadow if you use a base it can and will get darker
smiles.gif
I'm gonna take a few pics to compare the copper and bronze ones to the pigments because to me they look really close, and you can get them dark enough.

YvetteJeannine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebs
when swatching them in the store the only two that didnt give a good color payoff was the black and white one, you need to use a base like any other eyeshadow but I really like it
smiles.gif

ssad.gif
That's too bad. The B/W duo was the one I really wanted. Oh well, I'll still go and try them out..there's other stuff I'm getting from A Muse anyway..Thx.

bellaetoile

i have all the old mineralize shadows and i'm entirely unimpressed, both wet and dry, and with all sorts of bases (UDPP, shadesticks, paints, fluidlines). the new ones look gorgeous, but unless they've been reformatted, and are a lot better than the old ones, i'm saving my money. the color payoff on the old ones wasn't great, and i didn't like the finish, overall i found them hard to work with..

pugmommy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
*lol* I'm actually hoping the payoff's horrible so I can save some money!
rofl.gif

rofl.gif

styrch

I asked someone on MUA about Amuse and they pointed me here so I'm very new. I had a question: What do you mean by "color payoff"? (I realize this may be a pretty bonehead question, but please humor me)

leppy

styrch: Color payoff = how sheer (or unsheer) a product is. Sometimes the brightest things in the pot can be super subtle on and vice versa!

thegirlgotsoul

I played with them @ my local counter last week.

They didn't really appeal that much to me, some of the colors were "meh".

The pink and purple one could easily look like you gave yourself a bruise if your not careful with it. But the one that did stand out a LOT, was the "Heat/Element" one. It was SOOOOO pigmented and the color payoff was AMAZING. I want to buy like 10 of them for backups.

And I was VERY dissappointed in the Shooting Star MSF. It is just so brown and dark and blah.

Latest posts