Hate my eyes!

Sar

I'm really insecure about my eyes which i guess is strange? but i notice them soo much.

Im considering surgery but i dunno how much that would cost and im quite young. So for now i will stick to make up for help i guess...

My eyelids are really prominent i dunno if thats the right word but they stand out quite abit and you cannot see my eyelids well and i have really crap eyelashes and mascara and curling doesnt help...what can i do to make it less noticable? please help ! xx

thelilprincess

aw. sar, i think we are our own worse critic. i recently started feeling self-conscious about my nose (never bothered me before) and you know what - i decided that i was pretty before the way it was - so no need to "contour" and change it either. i swear, i think after the whole ashlee simpson nose surgery, i probably became more self-conscious about my nose. (i have the flat vietnamese nose)

anyhow, about the eyes. my friend's little sister did it after high school, before college - and insisted that ALL pictures taken before the surgery be removed from the house - she didn't want people she met to see that she had surgery to give herself "lids." she's korean, btw.

and my sister-in-law (vietnamese) had the surgery done - and hates it and blames my brother - she claims he was the one that wanted her to do it. i know my brother - he doesn't give a damn if you have lids or not (although i will admit he wants his lady fit)

and i look at women on tv who are now addicted to surgery - and it's kinda scary - they look so plastic.

we all have things we don't like about ourselves. i too have short lashes and in the search for a great mascara. i'm vietnamese, too, and have that asian non-lid. but you know, i have great lips. and i love lipstick - so that's how i get to play up my favorite feature. i use to have great skin - and now i'm trying to take care of it better like i use to in high school. i figure as i age, i'll want to look great on those days i wake up and don't want to wear makeup.

instead of focusing on your eyes, focus on something you kinda like about yourself. and play with the makeup to make you feel a bit less self-conscious about your eyes.

BlahWah

I hated my lashes because they were all messed up from wearing glasses so close to my face when I was younger. I've noticed, however, that they've improved over time, perhaps because I've allowed them to try to grow back in normal directions by wearing contacts, lol. I don't know what situation your lashes are in but it may be just temporary (altho it took a number of years for mine to get back in line). I must say using a Shu Uemera curler did wonders for my lashes tho!

As for lids.. mine frustrate me but I've grown to love them for the features they have. I hated (well, still do) applying colour to the lid, then open my eyes to find nothing showing! AND it frustrates me how others can play with their crease and mine is non-existent - what the heck do I do with all that space above my fold? I've taken a LOT of time to play around with colour placement and different techniques (and TONS of time on Specktra) to figure out what's best for my eye shape. And instead of focusing on the "nothing showing" aspect of my lid, I love how my eyes give a peek of colour when my eyes are open (if I pull the colour high up enough) and then give a hit of colour when I close them! I can also wear bolder colours too - since I have so little below my eye"fold" the colour isn't so overwhelming so it's easier to get away with. Makes us look more exotic to when we can wear colours when others can't. =D