Hati Earthquake.

hello_my_apple

I can't express the sadness i feel for everyone affected by this. CNN is saying they are afraid that more then 100,000 people maybe be dead or missing. Hati has no fire department or rescue squad, a couple of friends of mine cant reach family in Hati, and i hope it's only because of the phone lines being down. what are your thoughts?

also i felt like i needed to help in whatever way i can. Because i know all the money would go to Hati relief i donated to Wyclef Jean;s org. if you want to help here is the website. Yele Haiti - UPDATES

gildedangel

I am really saddened by this too. It is always such a shock when an event like this happens, and I hope that those who are missing can be found and that most people are alright. I know how it feels to have family that you cannot get ahold of during a natural disaster, it makes you so worried that you just want to throw up. If you have family there, I sincerely hope that your family members are alright and can rebuild quickly.
th_hug.gif

Face2Mac

I broke down in tears today seeing all those people, elderly, babies sleeping in the ground. No water and shelter, flooding. This is truly a catastrophe of epic proportions and I hope the world bands together, like they did for the tsunami.

I am going to whitehouse.gov to see where to send my money. This is so urgent.

summerblue

It's horrendous!!! Those poor people! You can donate to any of the 7 relief funds @ clintonfoundation.org/haiti

hello_my_apple

omg! thanks guys i was looking for more places to put up to donate .. i only like to give to relief organizations that use ALL proceeds for the cause .. the redcross doesnt ..so i dont give to them!

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_my_apple
omg! thanks guys i was looking for more places to put up to donate .. i only like to give to relief organizations that use ALL proceeds for the cause .. the redcross doesnt ..so i dont give to them!

SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!?!?!?

This is a very sad event indeed, 2 school friends of mine are Haitian and almost all of their family is there, and they can't reach them either , i don't even know what to think to say to them to console them

Shadowy Lady

I was devastated to hear about this. To think that these ppl are now left with nothing is beyond imaginable. Especially since Haiti is already a very poor country. My mom's side of family survived the earthquake of the mid 80's in northern Iran so this feels very personal to me.

I already made a donation to Doctors Without Border. I urge everyone to help Haiti the best you can.

hello_my_apple

no i heard about maybe 60 percent goes to the victims and the rest goes to staff. i found out about this when Hurricane Katrina happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!?!?!?

This is a very sad event indeed, 2 school friends of mine are Haitian and almost all of their family is there, and they can't reach them either , i don't even know what to think to say to them to console them

LMD84

it's a truely terrible thing that has happened and i feel so sorry for all those effected. all the footage on the news so so shocking and it makes me upset thinking about these poor families and their world that has literally has fallen apart around them
ssad.gif
at least people are making donations and trying to help in anyway. our lincolsnhire fire services staff members have been taken there to help out too.

xxManBeaterxx

Just wanted to give heads up to people. There will always be those few individuals who want to make monetary gains from this tragic event. If you are donating just make sure it is legit.

Here are some ways to help. All information can be found here Impact Your World - Special Reports from CNN.com

United States
“Yele” to 501501 to donate $5 to Wyclef Jean’s Yéle Foundation
“Haiti” to 85944 to donate $5 to Rescue Union Mission and MedCorp International
“Haiti” to 25383 to donate $5 to the International Rescue Committee
“Haiti” to 90999 to donate $10 to the Red Cross in the U.S.
Partners in Health needs surgeons, doctors, nurses and other medical personnel.
Unicef Donation Form
Donating Blood
Save the Children

Doctors Without Borders
Engineers Without Borders

hello_my_apple

thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx
Just wanted to give heads up to people. There will always be those few individuals who want to make monetary gains from this tragic event. If you are donating just make sure it is legit.

Here are some ways to help. All information can be found here Impact Your World - Special Reports from CNN.com

United States
“Yele” to 501501 to donate $5 to Wyclef Jean’s Yéle Foundation
“Haiti” to 85944 to donate $5 to Rescue Union Mission and MedCorp International
“Haiti” to 25383 to donate $5 to the International Rescue Committee
“Haiti” to 90999 to donate $10 to the Red Cross in the U.S.
Partners in Health needs surgeons, doctors, nurses and other medical personnel.
Unicef Donation Form
Donating Blood
Save the Children

Doctors Without Borders
Engineers Without Borders

blazeno.8

I was watching the secretary of state's interview on MSNBC and she announced a number that you can text if you want to donate money. They said they'd put it in their website, but I haven't double checked at this point.

xxManBeaterxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_my_apple
no i heard about maybe 60 percent goes to the victims and the rest goes to staff. i found out about this when Hurricane Katrina happened.

That sounds about right. The top people who work for the American red cross end up pocketing the money and a lot of it. Not to mention they are $200 million in debt.

Partners in health which does similar work as the red cross uses 95% of their donation money to charity. Here's a link Stand With Haiti | Partners In Health

Latest posts