have curly, want wavy hair

mena22787

hey guys,

i have naturally curly hair that i let air dry to get the curls, but i was wondering if there's a certain way i can style my hair when it's wet to get just wavy hair? maybe a product also?

i've tried braiding my hair, but maybe i'm doing it too tightly or loosely? idk?? help!! TIA!

the pics are to show what my hair's like and how i'd like it...

makeupmami

you should try some kind of straightening lotion while your hair is wet. what it does it temporarily relaxes your curls sowhen you flat iron it can straighten out to a smoother finish. I got a sample tube of a brand called Jonathan stylist straightening lotion at sephora and it works pretty good but i bet you can probably find other brands that work just as good at drugstores or sallys beauty supply
smiles.gif
i have what i called super wavy hair cuz its not exactly curly (but it almost is lol) n the john product makes my hair more like beachy waves but newayz hope this helps hun
smiles.gif

mena22787

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
Have you tried pomades or waxes? It would weigh down the hair a bit, loosen the curl, and give it some structure and shine. They work for me but my hair is wavy, not curly.

thanks so much for the recs ladies! i have a styling wax, i will def give it a try and see how it goes! and i'm def ganna look into straightening serum too!

Latest posts