Have Naked Honey & Style Warrior been counterfeited yet?

Thistle702

I purchased a lot online and paid a fair price, but am concerned that it may not be authentic b/c the box barcodes and some of the lipglass labels are different than my counter purchases.

Does anyone have knowledge of counterfeit Naked Honey &/or Style Warrior counterfeits?

Any help will be MOST appreciated!!!

TIA!
Lisa
cry.gif

panda0410

Not that I've seen. I do know the packaging changed with these editions though. I think its a bit early for counterfeits of these collections yet, though I'm sure it will happen eventually, just about all the others have been.

Thistle702

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Not that I've seen. I do know the packaging changed with these editions though. I think its a bit early for counterfeits of these collections yet, though I'm sure it will happen eventually, just about all the others have been.

PRECIOUS BABY!!

I searched the site and couldn't find anything related to counterfeits for these items, so I'm hoping what I got is authentic. It doesn't smell or look funny, but I know that isn't a a good indicator. I was hoping that since it's such a new line, that it wasn't yet faked. I'll continue to keep my fingers crossed and wait to hear from some others.

Many thanks for your response! Kiss that cutie for me!!
noob.gif

panda0410

Hello Kitty has been, so have the Dazzleglasses and a boatload of mineralize stuff as well
ssad.gif
Lost of the shit is floating on AU ebay as we speak...

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistle702
I purchased a lot online and paid a fair price, but am concerned that it may not be authentic b/c the box barcodes and some of the lipglass labels are different than my counter purchases.

MAC are in the process of updating their packaging. The eye shadows and hi light powders from Naked Honey had names and bar codes printed directly onto the boxes. They have already done this with other items - shadesticks, dazzleglass so I guess this is something they're rolling out across the brand.
Oddly though the eye shadows from Love That Look are stickers so it all seems a bit random.
th_dunno.gif

Thistle702

How long until I can purchase stuff? I'm pretty new here and when I click on "look at my sale, etc, etc" I get a message that says I don't have permission!

Boo hoo!!
ssad.gif

gildedangel

Quote:
How long until I can purchase stuff? I'm pretty new here and when I click on "look at my sale, etc, etc" I get a message that says I don't have permission!

Boo hoo!!
ssad.gif

You have to have made at least twenty posts to be able to access the sale forum!
smiles.gif

elle25

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie150463
MAC are in the process of updating their packaging. The eye shadows and hi light powders from Naked Honey had names and bar codes printed directly onto the boxes. They have already done this with other items - shadesticks, dazzleglass so I guess this is something they're rolling out across the brand.
Oddly though the eye shadows from Love That Look are stickers so it all seems a bit random.
th_dunno.gif

I received 2 e/s from the Naked Honey collection and was just about to start a new thread because of the names and barcodes being printed on. I bought from a seller on here that has lots of feedback so I was a little worried and confused. Thanks for posting this
smiles.gif
Is there a thread or something on this site that has information about the updates to packaging?

Thistle702

Okay...here's some of the packaging that I thought might be in question:
MAC%20Box%20barcode.jpg

MAC%20Box%20barcode3.jpg

Here are the labels that are screen printed on the boxes:
MAC%20Box%20barcode2.jpg

MAC%20Box%20top.jpg

I apologize for the mess...this is my first attempt at downloading pics! Thank you all for your feedback!! Lisa

macluvermre

My Style warriors and Naked Honey look like this too and I got them at Macy's. The NH items had the names/bar codes pre-printed on them.

macluvermre

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle25
I received 2 e/s from the Naked Honey collection and was just about to start a new thread because of the names and barcodes being printed on. I bought from a seller on here that has lots of feedback so I was a little worried and confused. Thanks for posting this
smiles.gif
Is there a thread or something on this site that has information about the updates to packaging?

It may be helpful, but hard to keep track of. I got some perm items last weekend, Shroom (pre-printed name/barcode) and Mulch (was sticker) and a new Blacktrack (it was pre-printed)...there doesn't seem to be a method to the madness
smiles.gif

julie150463

Quote:
Okay...here's some of the packaging that I thought might be in question:
MAC%20Box%20barcode.jpg

MAC%20Box%20barcode3.jpg

Here are the labels that are screen printed on the boxes:
MAC%20Box%20barcode2.jpg

MAC%20Box%20top.jpg

I apologize for the mess...this is my first attempt at downloading pics! Thank you all for your feedback!! Lisa

They're all good
thmbup.gif

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by macluvermre
It may be helpful, but hard to keep track of. I got some perm items last weekend, Shroom (pre-printed name/barcode) and Mulch (was sticker) and a new Blacktrack (it was pre-printed)...there doesn't seem to be a method to the madness
smiles.gif

It's just going to make everyone doubt their items are geniune till we get used to the new labelling
cry.gif

I did email MAC to ask them to confirm but just got a very standard 'thank you for your interest in MAC cosmetics' - obviously keeping their cards very close to their chest lol

Thistle702

Thank you all SO MUCH! I had originally bought this for resale, but I like so much of it, I'm going to keep it for myself! I do feel better that it's authentic, though! I'm really learning a lot on here and LOVE that I can rely on and trust you ladies!

HUGS!! Lisa
greengrin.gif

macluvermre

LOL julie150463....I got the IDENTICAL standard generic reply. However, a look around my counter at Nordstrom, and there is clearly a mixed message with the packaging and what is pre-printed and what is getting a label. Also, there HAS been FAKE style warrior items (on ebay anyway), but it's out there already! It looks so generic to the mac addict but I can easily see why a mac newbie would buy it and think they got a fantastic bargain! See the ended auction:

MAC MAKEUP HUGE MAKE UP WHOLESALE LOT 40 PIECES!!! - eBay (item 250471490319 end time Jul-29-09 16:46:23 PDT)

panda0410

crikey..... that was quick!! Its all pretty crap, but if this is out there now I dread to see the "better" fakes in a few weeks time.

halocaustic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Hello Kitty has been, so have the Dazzleglasses and a boatload of mineralize stuff as well
ssad.gif
Lost of the shit is floating on AU ebay as we speak...

And UK ebay. It's getting ridiculous. Loads of cheap crappy make up with AWFUL Fafi, Heatherette and Hello Kitty stickers. The Hello Kitty collection in fakeland is MASSIVE. 12 shades of blush, about 20 lipglasses
th_LMAO.gif

Hello stranger btw, hope you're well. I was thinking about you the other day actually!