Have you had your MAC stolen?

Elusive21

Forgive me guys, this is the third new thread that I have started this morning, but I figured we needed a few new threads in MAC chat and I am genuinely interested:

Have you guys ever had your MAC items stolen?

I had my MAC stolen once. It was Threesome - that e/s trio that came out with the Red She Said collection. I had bought it in April at the Pro Store in Vegas and I was so excited when I bought it. A few weeks later I had my makeup collection at work showing it off to a few girlfriends and then later on that week realized that the e/s trio was missing. I almost cried. It was one of my favorites - why couldn't they have just taken something I didn't like as much?
th_dunno.gif
It's always the good stuff that gets stolen.

crimsonette

I had a bunch of my stuff stolen. It was:

Deep Truth e/s
Steamy e/s
Woodwinked e/s
Vanilla e/s
Modesty l/s
Rebel l/s
239 Brush
242 Brush
Mineralize Powder
Smolder liner
... and a $700 Canon Rebel DSLR.

I was PISSED as hell. I'd have given this woman anything she asked for, I could have spared all of those things but the camera, had she only ASKED.
I even had a small digital camera I wasn't using that I'd have given away.

She took everything right before she left town. We had been friends for a long time. Whatever. At least she didn't take my whole traincase.

Moral of the story? Don't give anyone, even people you trust, keys to your house.

RedRibbon

I had a Bourjois shadow nicked off me, it was when they first brought out their domed ones, it was a really nice smokey black. The girl insists to this day she hasn't taken it but she has it as I've seen it in her makeup bag as I marked mine and it has the exact same mark. It was pretty costly back then to me, it cost like £6 and what bothers me most is the fact that I only got to use it once..NOT HAPPY. It still pains me writing this for some shallow reason.

Another girl took an eyeshadow of mine when I developed an eye infection because of dodgy contact lens and she wouldn't admit it. She took my HG shimmery gold shade. A week after it went missing she took some time off college with an eye infection. I've never asked her but I know for a fact she took it. I only found that shadow again recently in Poundland so I went a bit mad and bought 6 of them.

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonette
I had a bunch of my stuff stolen. It was:

Deep Truth e/s
Steamy e/s
Woodwinked e/s
Vanilla e/s
Modesty l/s
Rebel l/s
239 Brush
242 Brush
Mineralize Powder
Smolder liner
... and a $700 Canon Rebel DSLR.

I was PISSED as hell. I'd have given this woman anything she asked for, I could have spared all of those things but the camera, had she only ASKED.
I even had a small digital camera I wasn't using that I'd have given away.

She took everything right before she left town. We had been friends for a long time. Whatever. At least she didn't take my whole traincase.

Moral of the story? Don't give anyone, even people you trust, keys to your house.

WOW. WHAT A BITCH!

I'm sorry but how fudging rude is that? You trust someone to go into your house and they make an "educated" decision about what to steal, I would have hunted her sorry behind down and handed it to her Chuck Norris style.

Elusive21

Crimsonette, having that much makeup stolen from me by a friend would just kill me.

What I don't understand is how these people can live with themselves after stealing so much, how do they justify it in their minds? like "oh, she has hundreds dollars worth of stuff so she won't even miss these coupl of eyeshadows I just took" that's so messed up.

thewickedstyle

As I posted earlier in the week, my package was stolen off my steps recently (I think... UPS confirmed delivery to my front steps but no box when I got home...). Luckliy for me MAC is replacing it for free.

banana1234

i think if a friend ever stole anything from me i would actually kill them, i lived in a house with some people i barely knew at university once, and the doors to our bedrooms didnt lock, and luckily no one there ever stole anything, but we had parties and stuff and i literally had to guard my bedroom, cos people kept going in it and snooping about, i was PARANOID! i can't believe some one would think that your friendship is worth less than a few mac items and a SLR camera. You should have called the police on her sorry ass!

Skin*Deep

I had my car broken into once, and they took my makeup bag, probably because it looked like a purse...it had about 1,000 bucks worth of Chanel, Mac, and Clarins makeup in it! I was pretty pissed at the cops when they showed up and wouldnt even dust anything for prints....
they also took a stroller and diaper bag.....effing crackheads.

LMD84

i've not hbad mac stolen but a friend has taken my skittles lip smackers! i bought in when in the us and have never ever seen it sold here. i noticed that mine had gone missing and then about a week later i see it in her make up bag! she told me she bought it in town - but when i asked where she said she couldn't remember! i wouldn't mind but i'd have given it to her if she wanted it that much!

LoveMU

Wow, this makes me feel a little better, I was out of the country for a few weeks staying at my cousins house and his wife swiped around $105 worth of makeup. It made me really upset that someone would look through my bags and just take my personal things. i feel like makeup is more justifiable to people because a lot of people think it's frivolous and not as valuable as a camera or some other things. That doesn't really matter tho, the point is, it's ur property, and they should keep their paws off! Sometimes I feel like i can't have any nice things because someone is going to take it from me!

User38

( I had a bunch of brushes stolen
ssad.gif

my ES/blush are in palettes so harder to develop legs -- but I am just waiting for the thief to poke his/her head around my MAC!

banana1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMU
Wow, this makes me feel a little better, I was out of the country for a few weeks staying at my cousins house and his wife swiped around $105 worth of makeup. It made me really upset that someone would look through my bags and just take my personal things. i feel like makeup is more justifiable to people because a lot of people think it's frivolous and not as valuable as a camera or some other things. That doesn't really matter tho, the point is, it's ur property, and they should keep their paws off! Sometimes I feel like i can't have any nice things because someone is going to take it from me!

if you know for a fact it was her, you should mention it, its not on! or next time you're round there plant some duff items in a make up bag, and leave that out lying around for her to see, and a good make up bag full of your stuff hidden.

banana1234

or buy her some make up for christmas, and say seeing as you liked mine so much i thought u better have some of your own, haha

GoldenFairy

I had stuff stolen from me on an aircraft! This crazy lady was sitting next to me on a flight to Athens and then asked so see my make-up in my clear plastic bag. After I showed her the stuff and made my way through Athens airport I realised she had swiped my bag! I was so angry - I had a Queen's Sin lippie in there!! :/

banana1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenFairy
I had stuff stolen from me on an aircraft! This crazy lady was sitting next to me on a flight to Athens and then asked so see my make-up in my clear plastic bag. After I showed her the stuff and made my way through Athens airport I realised she had swiped my bag! I was so angry - I had a Queen's Sin lippie in there!! :/

ah man, that sucks, i'd have told her to shove it up her ass, if she asked to see mine! haha!

its a shame cos all these people have taken advantage of the nice people you guys are, and it makes you not want to be so nice next time...

BunnyBunnyBunny

A good friend of mine has actually taken:

Love, Henri Lipstick
Showflower quad
Grey Fume quad
a custom quad
Style Minx Lipglass
and probably more that I can't think of at the moment. It's stupid because she thinks that she could take it and I wouldn't notice? Don't worry, I took Love, Henri and the custom quad back when I found them in her room. The rest I had replaced when I thought I had lost them. No biggie, I just keep it all locked and if anything else ever goes missing I can tell her I know. >=D

banana1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
A good friend of mine has actually taken:

Love, Henri Lipstick
Showflower quad
Grey Fume quad
a custom quad
Style Minx Lipglass
and probably more that I can't think of at the moment. It's stupid because she thinks that she could take it and I wouldn't notice? Don't worry, I took Love, Henri and the custom quad back when I found them in her room. The rest I had replaced when I thought I had lost them. No biggie, I just keep it all locked and if anything else ever goes missing I can tell her I know. >=D

you better tell her!! give her what for!
nonono.gif
hehe

RussianRedDani

I've just gone through my make-up today for the first time in an age, since I moved from my flat in London in fact and I am SHOCKED at the amount of stuff that is missing.

An entire pot of Goldenaire pigment I'd used maybe once.... I didn't use it a lot but I liked it.

Both my Russian Red lipsticks.

Lots of glitter and pigment samples.

My e/s in Jewel Blue (I actually know where this is but my mate can't find it at the moment grr)

My tecknakohl in graphblack (I have about 20093285495 of these though so not too worried about this)

A few lipglasses.

And I discovered that my flatmate had used my Jest e/s and when I opened it it spilled out in chunks and dust all over me. She must have had a good old dig in it because it was BRAND NEW and used once before she got her mitts on it. Grrr

Is the Jest a good candidate for repotting?

nunu

I had Hollywood Nights (Heatherette) and Fun And Sexy (FAFI) stolen. The person who took them must love wearing bright pink lipsticks because both these lipsticks were bright hot pinks.

I have replaced both but i still don't know who dug into the bag where i keep my lipsticks in.

twilightessence

I'm almost positive that this guy from work took my Port Red lipstick. He and his boyfriend (who works at our job, too) HATED the lipstick on me and one day PHOOF! It was just gone after my shift there. It bothers me so much. I don't give a rats ass what they thought of my lip color, it didn't give him a right to take the lipstick. He'll never admit it, but whatever. I got another one and I just don't take it out of the house now.