Have you heard about The Beauty Movement?

ashley8119

I'm a part of an amazing organization called The Beauty Movement and it's a great cause. The Beauty Movement was founded by Cortney Staples when she was teaching a makeup course and the participants were instructed to bring their makeup to the course and she would show each of them how to get the most out of what they have. A woman showed the contents in her grocery bag: the liquid products were oily and separated, the cream products were stale and the eyeshadows were all broken up. The labels had worn off and it was evident that the products were very old. The woman explained that she is a single mother of three children and living on food stamps. Due to the fact that food stamps/assistance programs do not cover cosmetics or personal hygiene products, the makeup she brought to the class was from her grandmother's drawer but she attended the class because she wanted to feel pretty. The Beauty Movement team believes that feeling pretty should not be a privilege, but a right. And so The Beauty Movement was born.

Find out more at The Beauty Movement
We are accepting donations of new and used products, used products must be 85% full.
Any product that has a wand (mascara, lip gloss, for example) must be new. Sample sized products are accepted.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at
[email protected]

Please spread the word of this great cause!

Simply Elegant

I think that's great. Haven't heard of it though until now. Hopefully there is an emphasis on beauty without all those products because sometimes owning it isn;t enough to actually believe you're beautiful.
smiles.gif

Lyssah

What a lovely organisation. As Simply Elegant said - women should feel beautiful without cosmetics, but I can completely understand that cosmetics can give a boost of confidence.

Latest posts