have you ran out of SFF yet?!

eco

i bought SFF when it first came out and i'm nearing the end of the bottle! has anyone moved onto to another bottle yet? i love this foundation and i've come to realize that a little goes a long way. i have a friend who uses it with a sponge almost eveyday (i use the 190 and 187) and i'm curious if sponge application makes it run out quicker?

*i wanted to add that i'm psyched about the mini 187 coming out soon! i want one just for foundation and powder!

lara

I didn't even last five days with it.
lol.gif
It made me break out terribly, and seeing as I'm the testing bunny for my kit, anyting that makes me react goes back to the store for a return and exchange.

Sponges will make any fluid product run out quickly because they're so thirsty.
smiles.gif
The only time I use them is when I get a vegan client who won't allow me to use animal-hair brushes, otherwise I'm strictly a brush person. Less wastage, and I'm stupidly slow at using sponges.
lol.gif

P.S. I love your icon!

eco

thanks lara,

my skin has broken out mildly lately and i thought it was either the weather or that i just started using studio moisture cream regularly. now i think my foundation may have snuck up on me. Do you have a favorite mac foundation that hasn't made you break out? SFF and studiofix powder are the only mac foundations i've tried.

PS: that's me in the icon! i love dressing up like Ace Frehely from KISS. it's the face makeup that makes me love doing it, too! i don't even like KISS i just fell in love with that makeup one halloween.

maxcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
The only time I use them is when I get a vegan client who won't allow me to use animal-hair brushes, otherwise I'm strictly a brush person.

Amen to that...
oh.gif
t: and while you probably know about these, lara, I've got a decent sephora synthetic foundation brush... works pretty darned well. Just for future reference for any vegan SFF users out there b/c it really works way better with a brush.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcat
Amen to that...
oh.gif
t: and while you probably know about these, lara, I've got a decent sephora synthetic foundation brush... works pretty darned well. Just for future reference for any vegan SFF users out there b/c it really works way better with a brush.

Thanks for the heads-up! Unfortunately we don't have Sephora here, but I'll see if I can get it through Amazon.
smiles.gif
Good veggie-friendly brushes are hard to find.

Eco, my favourite foundation to use on myself is Face & Body, either MAC or Make-Up For Ever (I really, really hate wearing foundation). On clients I use palette creme foundation from Kryolan or MUFE, sheering it down as needed
smiles.gif
I'm switching away from Kryolan, though - the foundation itself and colour selection is pretty good, but it's too chemical laden for my liking. I'd really like to find a local organic compounding company to make petrochemical-free creme foundations, but there's no way I could front the money myself to get that made.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco
PS: that's me in the icon! i love dressing up like Ace Frehely from KISS. it's the face makeup that makes me love doing it, too! i don't even like KISS i just fell in love with that makeup one halloween.

I once had to dress up like Peter Criss. How embarassing - no one wants to be Peter Criss, not even Peter Criss himself.
lol.gif

I am on my second bottle. Just finished my first about two weeks ago. I wear it every day and was mixing it with strobe cream for a while. I use my 187 for it. It lasted a long time in comparison to every other foundation I have used.

However, now I have purchased four other foundations so I rotate LOL. However SFF is my absolute FAVORITE

maxcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Unfortunately we don't have Sephora here, but I'll see if I can get it through Amazon.

Bare Essentials does one, too -
smiles.gif

What on earth is a Peter Criss?

bebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco

*i wanted to add that i'm psyched about the mini 187 coming out soon! i want one just for foundation and powder!

they are making a mini one??? what where when I wanna see.
rofl.gif

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebs
rofl.gif

I was thinking the same thing. I don't remember seeing that.

Eemaan

me neither

im nearly on my second bottle. i always pump the sff into a smaller sample jar whioch makes it easier to dip in my 187. i cant believe its lasted so long, i used to use up a studio tech every 6 weeks

koolmnbv

I bought SFF when it first came out also and mine is still pretty full. I dont use it everyday but I use it alot, but I only use it when I want a more matte look, I rotate my SFF, hyperreal, mac face n body and face n body bronze fx (for subtle contouring)

But I always use my 187 to apply it and I barely use any at all when I do use it,so It will probably go bad b4 I use the whole bottle lol

bellaetoile

peter criss is a member of KISS.
here he is on wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Criss

and to answer the original question, i went through almost an entire bottle of nc37 in two months, and i got it when it came out. i would have finished the whole thing, except i had to change shades due to getting tan. still, i feel like i went though the bottle incredibly fast. i got my new nc42 about 3 weeks ago, and have gone through maybe 1/5 of it? it's wierd, i don't use a lot, since a little goes a long way, yet i still move through the bottle quickly, even with the foundation pump..

and yes, what is this mini 187 thing? not like i need another one, i have 3, but still, it sounds cute..

AriannaErin

I'm on my second bottle of SFF too. Bought it when it first came out and just got another a few weeks ago
smiles.gif
I use my fingers to apply (from the pump top) and sometimes use a sponge or brush to blend it in.

Lalli

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebs
rofl.gif

if you look in the new collection i think a muse? its there

holliedavis

I bought my first bottle when they first came out, and I'm still using it. A little goes a very, very long way. I pour a dime to nickel sized dollop on the back of my hand and spray with Fix+, and then apply with a sponge to face (sprayed with Fix+ first). I love my SFF! I usually top it with a VERY light application of Studio Fix powder with my Catherine Deveuve 182 buffer brush... and Voila! Satin Finish!

eco

from the "Studio Mist Foundation UNK 2006" thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACGoddess
I would say probably the 187 or the 188 brush (which will be new, it is a mini Stippling Brush.

ette

Well I have two bottles because NC25 darkens on my skin so I mix it with NC15 and its the perfect shade for me now. When I get tanner, I can use the straight NC25 and it will match. It is equal (in color) to another MAC foundation I have in NC37.

MACGoddess

I have JUST gotten a bottle to try (I know I am late to the party) and I love it!! I am always afraid to try any new foundations bc I am afraid they will break me out.

Yesterday was the first day I used it and so far so good, it is a GORGEOUS finish! And I barely used any at all...

Also, I almost never use sponges...I hate the vile little things! I will only use one if I am just doing a quick "run over" with one over someone's foundation to make sure it is nice and even and light. Then I toss it!!

Sponges soak up a LOT of excess foundation so I would recommend using a brush instead. Also, they tend to harbor a lot of bacteria since most people use them over and over, and that might make you break out more. I use brushes bc they use up less foundation, and they can be washed as often as I want!

OnaFyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco
thanks lara,

my skin has broken out mildly lately and i thought it was either the weather or that i just started using studio moisture cream regularly. now i think my foundation may have snuck up on me. Do you have a favorite mac foundation that hasn't made you break out? SFF and studiofix powder are the only mac foundations i've tried.

I wouldn't count out the studio moisture cream. It has broken me out before, and it stings when I use it after exfoliating. One time I even got these little bumps all over my face from it. You couldn't see them, but could certianly feel them.