Having surgery tomorrow

MAC_addict_77

ahhh, I am getting two wisdom teeth surgically removed. They will need to remove some of my jaw bone too. I am scared poopless. At least I will be sedated so I won't hear or see anything.
The girls on MUA are so sweet. They are sending me a some ROAK's to cheer me up. I guess if everything else fails Make up will make me feel better.
Anyways, just keep me in your thoughts tomorrow. I am going in at 9am.

shellybells82

Good luck... If it helps, I was kinda in the same situation... I had to have all 4 out, part of my lower jaw bone had to come out and I seriously thought I was going to die going in... I am so scared of pain its not even funny... But after it was all done, I was totally fine. Just sat in bed all day but not in much pain or too swollen... I hope it all goes well for you!
wavey.gif

dcmo

aww hun, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and nothing but good thoughts for you. I'm sure you'll be just fine and try not to stress yourself too much (I know it's easier said than done).

user2

Hunni believe me it's no big deal!
They had to take out my upper wisdom teeth (thanks God I had only two) and there was no way that they didn't fully sedate me! They were horribly up in my jaw!

But you know what? After I woke up I had no ZERO pain!!! The only thing was that one of my corner of my mouth were demolished but that was it! I even had no swollen cheeks or whatever!

The best thing about it was that I couldn't go to school for about a week because of the sedation that had to fully get out of my body! YAY!!

So there are no things to worry about and keep in mind the very last second before the sedation runs you over, the feeling is frickin funny!!

user3

awww...well you might be knocked out but the pain will come after the operation! LOL
At least they'll give you good drugs....

Shawna

Trust me, that's the best way to have wisdom teeth removed. Because you are under anaesthetic, they can easily remove the teeth without having to pull too hard or worry about the pain you are in. The recovery is way faster, and minimal swelling. I had mine done that way and don't regret it at all. On the other hand, I had a BF who had them done in a dental chair and wow, he looked like a chipmunk for weeks. Plus they could only take 2 teeth at a time so he had to go back when the first swelling went away and it hurt him really bad. I am sending good thoughts your way
smiles.gif

Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nessa
awww...well you might be knocked out but the pain will come after the operation! LOL
At least they'll give you good drugs....

LOL That's what's keeping me going.
graucho.gif

MAC_Addict_77, good luck with your surgery. I definitely feel your pain there (I'm having ankle surgery Thursday actually). Hope everything goes okay!
greengrin.gif

asnbrb

ooh, i think there was a post about this a long time ago and i put up a real scary story about when this happened to me. anyway, i'll refrain from scaring the living crap out of you and just say that you really want to be knocked out... seriously. drugs are your FRIEND.

inlucesco

Everyone's right, it really is no big deal - although I wouldn't have believed that beforehand either! You'll be fine. Good luck.
smiles.gif

YOOTOPiA

all i gotta say is that general anestheisia is the greatest thing EVER. good luck with your oral surgery hope it goes well and painlessly. some recover without any signs of trauma AT ALL and others (like myself) get asked if i have cotton balls in my mouth (which i didn't).
vicadin works for some but didn't do anything for me except make me naseous... ugh...
it'll all be over soon though =)

MAC_addict_77

Awwww, thank you all, you are too sweet. Everything went well and I am doing good. My jaw hurts and my mouth is sore in the back but other than that I am in no pain. It went very fast, I was knocked out from the test dose of the sedative so I didn't even get to see the doc (which is a shame cause he is so hot). I still can't eat which is irritating, all I can eat is ice cream and drink water.
Again, thank you all for your kind words
smiles.gif
((Hugs))

Latest posts