• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Heatherette Trio 1 ~ My 1st tutorial

Ang9000

Ok ladies, here's my tutorial. It was actually alot harder to do than I thought & took a long time! This is my 1st tutorial so all feedback is welcome.

So, here is what you'll need. Sorry about the pic quality, had to use my phone because my camera battery died.
L-R:
MAC Style Blusher, MAC Heatherette Trio 1, MAC Rollickin' Paint Pot, Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Sponge on Cream Makeup, Max Factor 2000 Calorie Black Mascara, Urban Decay Primer Potion, MAC Black Funk/Pop Blue Dual Edge Eye Pencil, Miners Call a Copper Lipliner Pencil, MAC Espresso Eyeshadow, MAC Fleshpot Lipstick, MAC Sock Hop Lipglass, Brush like MAC 272, MAC 224, brush like MAC 275, Brush like MAC 242, brush like MAC 266, brush like MAC 311 & a blush brush.
Photo-0015.jpg

Start with a clean moisturised face (sorry no pic of this)

Apply your foundation in your preferred way. I use the sponge from my compact. You should work from the inside of you face outwards. Apply any concealer & powder that you use now.
DSC06218.jpg

Put a little Primer potion on your lid & rub in with your finger
DSC06219.jpg

I also put a little under my eye & rub in with my finger
DSC06220.jpg

Using a brush like the 242 swirl it in the Rollickin' Paint pot
DSC06221.jpg

Apply it to roughly the inner 2 thirds of your lids. Ive still not got the hang of paint pots, but it doesn't need to be perfect.
DSC06224.jpg

Using the brush like the 272 swirl it in Moodring from the trio
DSC06234.jpg

Cover the paint pot on the lid with the moodring
DSC06230.jpg

Using the brush like the 266, very gently dab it in the cloudburst from the trio
DSC06232.jpg

Lightly draw a line from the corner of the eye, lining it up with the end of your brow. I like to go about 2 thirds up. Then draw an arched line across to around the middle of the eye. Should look something like this
DSC06238.jpg

Gently dab the 224 brush in Cloudburst & fill in the gap following your lines. Only use a little as you can always add more, but can't take it off.
DSC06242.jpg

Dab the brush again in the Cloudburst & add more colour, blending it in with the Moodring. I like to use a circular motion in the corner & sweeping motion along the crease.
DSC06244.jpg

Keep building up the colour & blending in. When adding more colour, always start at the corner as thats where you want it to be darkest. Eventually you should get something like this
DSC06246.jpg

Take the brush like the 275 & swirl it in Hoppin' from the Trio
DSC06252.jpg

Add the Hoppin' to the brow bone, blending in with the colour along the crease. Should look like this
DSC06251.jpg

Take the black side of the pencil & line the upper lash line from the inside of the eye to the outside corner. I do it while stretching the skin out a little.
DSC06254.jpg

Should now look like this
DSC06258.jpg

DSC06261.jpg

Take the blue side of the pencil & line the lower lashine. Again you may want to gently stretch the skin a little
DSC06263.jpg

DSC06266.jpg

This step is not necessary but I like to do it to make the lower lash line colour more vibrant. Using the flat angled brush (like 266) take a little Moodring from the trio & go over the blue liner
DSC06268.jpg

DSC06270.jpg

Wipe off the flat angled brush & take a little Espresso eyeshadow
DSC06271.jpg

Fill in those brows following the natural shape if possible
DSC06276.jpg

Just to show the difference it makes...the brow on the left is filled in, the right isn't
DSC06282.jpg

Apply your mascara. I do this while looking down into the mirror, otherwise I get mascara all over my lids
DSC06288.jpg

Apply mascara to the lower lashes
DSC06289.jpg

Line the lower waterline with the black side of the pencil. I often pull my eye down so I don't poke myself in the eye but that wasn't an attractive pic
icon_lol.gif

DSC06293.jpg

Line the upper waterline with the black pencil. I don't do any pulling of the eye here.
DSC06296.jpg

Eyes are now done! Now take your blush brush & swirl it in the blusher
DSC06297.jpg

Make a funny face & sweep the blush on your cheekbones & apples of the cheeks
DSC06302.jpg

Now take your liipliner & line the edge of your lips
DSC06306.jpg

Apply the lipstick
DSC06310.jpg

DSC06313.jpg

I like to use a thin brush (like 311) to blend the lipstick with the liner
DSC06316.jpg

DSC06319.jpg

Add the Sock Hop gloss over the lipstick
DSC06324.jpg

We're now done! Let your hair loose & pose for the camera!!
DSC06329.jpg

DSC06332.jpg

DSC06340.jpg

ritchieramone

Thanks for posting this - very helpful for people like me who are afraid of darker shades. I avoid virtually all dark eyeshadows, but I'm hoping Cloudburst can cure me of this!

I'm expecting to collect my Heatherette haul later this afternoon, so I'll be trying this tonight. It looks really beautiful on you!