Heels and shorts?

Stephie Baby

I know this thread is dead, but I have a question for you ladies!! Does it matter how tall you are when you wear shorts and heels?? I'm 5'10 and when I wear heels and shorts, I feel like a giant!! Should I just wear flats with shorts since I'm already on the tall side?

M.A.C. head.

I hope I don't offend any large women [I'm large myself] but you have to have some skinny, and decent length legs to pull that look off IMO

It's a hot style though.

MsCocoa

^^^I'm sorry but I disagree, I'm quite skinny and I prefer when my thighs are slightly more meaty because heels or make your legs look thinner!

Stephie Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsCocoa
^^^I'm sorry but I disagree, I'm quite skinny and I prefer when my thighs are slightly more meaty because heels or make your legs look thinner!

Thats how I am. I feel like I'm too skinny to wear heels and shorts. It doesn't give me any shape. I'm like a stick.
thmbdn.gif

M.A.C. head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsCocoa

Having meat on your bones is very different from being "BIG", isn't it?

MsCocoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
Having meat on your bones is very different from being "BIG", isn't it?

Touché, I guess I just misrea you it's just that sometimes people assume skinny can girls where everything and no else can.

Christina983

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I have! I love that look.

do you have any links to pics with this, sounds really intresting!
thanks!

stacylynne

wedges w/ shorts looks really cute. you can pul it off. I'm short, so i'm always trying to wear heels or wedges

jilliandanica

I love heels and shorts...I think you just have to balance it with a tunic length top:

200810_01_lg.jpg

Oh and I don't think "shorts and heels" is only for twiggy types. I think anyone thick or thin can pull it off. you just need to make flattering choices and play with length

Kuuipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueRiot
Thanks for the tips!

So wedges with short shorts? Got it!

How about peeptoes with short shorts ala Pam Anderson

Pamela_Anderson_Shoes.jpg

Of course I would wear longer shorts, my legs aren't spectacular enough for those little shorts, but I like the shoes. I don't have to worry about a tan, as a Woman of Color, I already have that covered. I will oil my legs up so they are soft and moisturized.

Wear would anyone wear this look? Or who would get away with it? It looks a bit skanky.

Shimmer

I don't think it looks skanky, it does look flirty, but all her bits are covered, her sleeves are longer, and she's in great shape (in the picture).

funkychik02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
Wear would anyone wear this look? Or who would get away with it? It looks a bit skanky.

It would be great for a night out!

Jennifer Mcfly

I love shorts with peep toe wedges, and a vest!!
My fave outfit:

Khaki cuffed short shorts
White long tunic
Black vest
B & W polka dot peep toe wedges

I get so many compliments when I wear this outfit!