Hehe... Getting my cat shaved lol!

Raerae

Tomorrow 10:30 am, all the fur is comming off! I just can't take the fur anymore, it makes cleaning my house 10x more difficult, not to mention always haveing to lint roll hairballs out of my clothes.

I've been teasing him for months that I was going to shave him, and finally scheduled an appointment. So now I need to decide on a hairstyle for him! LOL!

I do NOTwant him to look like this! LOL!

4.jpg

However! This looks nice, leaving him with the poofy tail.

10.jpg

This looked nice too, although I'm not sure if I want to leave all that hair on him. The reason I want him shaved is to eliminate the persistant cat hair in my house, and on my furniture. Since when I'm gone, he basically owns my house and does what he wants lol.

11.jpg

I thought this looked nice too.

8.jpg

I started looking into this more when my Moms cat had to get shaved for medical reasons. He had skin/stomache problems when he got distressed after our other cat died. And wasn't eating right, and wasn't holding down food/water. So his skin got really dry/flakey, and his hair was falling out. So when they were doing tissue samples, they had to shave him. He gets his belly shaved often for other medical reasons and exams. But when he's shaved, he is SO soft! He feels like velvet, and there is no shed.

So yeh, which of the three do you like? =p

knoxydoll

lol my friends just did this to they're cats. They did the first cut because it's just so hot in they're house. The kittehs are so fuzzy and cute right now. Both cats are short hair domestics.

Katura

hahaha...i joke about this with my parents about my cat...I have a mut-cat (totally mixed...it's even got some wild cat in there) It's SO HAIRY!!!! and I've thought about leaving the face, paws and tail...but my dad refuses to let me do it...and my cats got such nice stipes/swirls...I don't know if it would grow back the same way???

this cat looks like a little fat man... haha...almost like a beer gut and the start of man boobs...haha i love it. my cat does this all the time
8.jpg

_pixie_

I get my dog shaved. but not completly just so his coat is alot shorter then it would be if left to grow lol.
I think he looks so cute when he has it done though cos he looks all young again and not scruffy like an old man ^_^.

Love it

aquarius11

Definitely the last one. The one with the all white cat = wtf were they thinking? Poor baby, he looks pissed, lol.

Bybs

We used to get our Persian regularly shaved and I think every time we did she hated us just that little bit more.

Chic 2k6

the 2nd picture looks cool
smiles.gif
im a sucker for poofy tails on cats, looks like basil brush (cartoon fox puppet in the uk)

my sister shaved her cat Buffy herself and had the cut like the third pic but with poofy tail. his back end looked like a Turkey rofl, she sent a pic to mum's mobile and she thought it was photoshopped
lol.gif

i get my cat shaved in the summer on the legs & belly b/c of matts, i do groom him alot and he still matts

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katura
hahaha...i joke about this with my parents about my cat...I have a mut-cat (totally mixed...it's even got some wild cat in there) It's SO HAIRY!!!! and I've thought about leaving the face, paws and tail...but my dad refuses to let me do it...and my cats got such nice stipes/swirls...I don't know if it would grow back the same way???

this cat looks like a little fat man... haha...almost like a beer gut and the start of man boobs...haha i love it. my cat does this all the time
8.jpg

The hair pattern would grow back the same. When you shave it, it's not like your shaving it down to the skin. So the patterns in the fur would still be visible stripes and swirles. When your cats shed their coats, the hair grows out completely, and the patterns come back the same every time.

Hilly

The first one!! My cats are persian and would get the lion cuts lol. It keeps them so much cooler in the summer!

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
8.jpg

OMG. So cute. Katura, your description cracked me up. Fat man with a beer gut and the start of man boobs. Don't forget to add fur leg warmers to that! That pic is priceless!

They are all so cute!
smiles.gif

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000
I would pay good money to see someone try to shave my cat....
rofl.gif

They have tranq's for pets like that
winks.gif

Raerae

OMG ROFL!

So like I picked him up yesterday, and peeked into the little box, and I have a new cat! LOL!!! He looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO different lol, i almost died, he was so cute. I'll post pics this weekend when I have more time to take photo's.

I got him a 1/4 inch shave. And he's still prefectly white (some white cats have dirty looking undercoats when you trim the outer coat away). He's got little ugg boots on, and a skinny tail with a HUGE poof at the end. The Lion cut.

The best part is, NO SHED! Seriously. When he used to sit on me, when he got off, I would be covered with hair. Now when I pet him, or he sits on me, he doesn't leave any hair at all. It's so nice. And he's so soft. It's hard to describe, but his fur feels so nice to the touch now.

And, he's the same ole kitty
smiles.gif
Still purring, chasing me, scratching his post, chasing stuffed mice, meowing, begging, causing trouble, etc. So getting him shaved didn't have any effect on his temperment. Same kitty as before, only he's a short hair, no shed kitty now
smiles.gif