hello all of you beautiful people!!! eyeshadow primer recs please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizzygoo82

Ok so I've used UDPP for awhile now but I'm just not that in love with it anymore. I feel like there's something out there to make the colors more vibrant...

Any recommendations?

smiles.gif

Thanks!!!

alien21xx

IMO I've found that UDPP is great to keep colors from sliding off but not that good at enhancing the colors of my e/s to make them look more vibrant. When I really want some bright e/s looks, I layer either Groundwork paint pot (when using lighter shades) or Constructivist paint pot (darker shades) over my UDPP. I find using Constructivist in particular brightens up any dark e/s looks.

In general, I think paint pots make for really great bases. You can pick and choose different colors to match different looks that you're going for.

CaraAmericana

Although I feel I answered this question before in another thread, I will say I am now starting to use paint pot over UDPP all the time now.

kyoto

I've been using UDPP and Too Faced Shadow Insurance lately. UDPP makes the skin on my eyes sting a bit and I like the Shadow Insurance, but I believe that there has to be something else. Last time I went into Sephora I spoke with the girl that handled Too Faced Products and she recommended wrinkle injection, or something injection. She said that even though the name was funny she had used it that morning under her eyeshadow. It was evening when I was there and her eyeshadow was vibrant and beautiful. I don't know if she was just trying to sell me or not, but I'm planning to try it. I also have one by Smashbox, but it doesn't really compare to the other two.

Kuuipo

I use Too Faced First Base or a NARS creme shadow under my powder shadows. I have oily but crepey lids. I also do not want to touch my shadow up during work. These two options guarantee me 20 hours of eyeshadow vibrancy with no fallout! I did not like UDPP because although it holds, it dulled my shadows, dried my lids, and caused itching and redness. I have been using Too Faced for a year and a half now, everyday, and I loooove it.
When I want a holographic look, I use a conrasting creme base from NARS. I like their cremes because they turn into powder, and are meant to be worn under or even over powder. I liked that better than the MAC paint sticks, although they make a good base with some shadows, I found the sticks harder to use. When I want to emphasize the area above my crease I use base, shadow, crayon above and in the crease and a dark-often matte shade over the crayon.Rimmel makes crayons that are not greasy and make good bases as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.