Hello from Cali!

iheartwarpaint

th_hello.gif
Hi ladies and gents! I can't believe I have never heard of this site! Somebody had mentioned it on another forum, so I HAD to check it out.

I'll tell you a little about myself. I'm in my early 30's, pacific islander, Navy wife and stay at home Mommy of a soon to be 5 yr old son and 16 month daughter. I purchased my first MAC product about 10 yrs ago and continued to purchase things here and there since then, but up until recently my obsession with MAC (and makeup in general) has taken over my spare time.
lol.gif
I believe it's because my children are getting older and I now have some time to "beautify" myself like I did when I was in my 20's. Hahaha!

I'm also a chronic youtube viewer and
heart.gif
watching tutorials. I'm so glad there are places like these where I'm among my fellow MACaholics. I can't wait to meet everyone!
specktra_rocks.gif

iheartwarpaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaii02
Hello from another military wife! Welcome to Specktra
smiles.gif

Hi! Thanks for the welcome! We're actually thinking of moving to Hawaii or Okinawa in January 2011. My hubby joined the Navy (He's a corpsman.) straight out of high school, so he has been in for 13 yrs now. He will be deploying to Afghanistan two days after my birthday
cry.gif
(Sept. 18) so we're trying to plan our vacation right now since he'll be taking leave in a week. He was deployed to Iraq in 2005 and I thank God that he returned safely. (One of our high school buddies wasn't as fortunate. He was ambushed and killed a couple years ago.) My Dad was in the Navy as well, but by the time I was born my parents settled in Southern Cali so I'm not used to this moving business.

Anyway, thanks again for the welcome. I like to hang out here and a couple other forums when I have downtime from the kids. See you around!
th_shake2.gif

hawaii02

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartwarpaint
Hi! Thanks for the welcome! We're actually thinking of moving to Hawaii or Okinawa in January 2011. My hubby joined the Navy (He's a corpsman.) straight out of high school, so he has been in for 13 yrs now. He will be deploying to Afghanistan two days after my birthday
cry.gif
(Sept. 18) so we're trying to plan our vacation right now since he'll be taking leave in a week. He was deployed to Iraq in 2005 and I thank God that he returned safely. (One of our high school buddies wasn't as fortunate. He was ambushed and killed a couple years ago.) My Dad was in the Navy as well, but by the time I was born my parents settled in Southern Cali so I'm not used to this moving business.

Anyway, thanks again for the welcome. I like to hang out here and a couple other forums when I have downtime from the kids. See you around!
th_shake2.gif

This is my downtime too!
smiles.gif
Sorry to hear about the new deployment-my husband is scheduled to go by 2011 to Iraq. He was in Kosovo for 14 months in 2007 (with the Guard). Best of luck with the move..long ways to travel. See you around Specktra!
smiles.gif

Latest posts