Hello from North Texas!

sailordom

I've been lurking for a couple of months and decided it was just time to join in the conversations!

I'm in my early 30s and getting back into makeup after a long time of not wearing much more than primer, foundation, powder and lip gloss. But my addiction to Sephora finally led me to Urban Decay shadows and I fell in love with color again. (And discovered why eye makeup used to just melt off before -- no primer!)
wondering.gif

And I'm new to MAC! And wondering how I ever missed this (used Lancome for years before discovering Sephora after I moved to Texas). But apparently MAC only had one counter (at a mall no one ever went to) in the state I'm originally from.
thmbdn.gif

So I'm building a collection, which is expensive, but fun.
mac_haul.gif
And Specktra has been so much help in deciding what not to get. And, well, things I would never have considered (hello, MSF!).

I'm sure my boyfriend now wishes he never bought me the two (fake) MAC lip glosses from a co-worker who allegedly bought stuff "wholesale" to sell for the holidays. (Something seemed fishy about the lack of shade names on the packaging. One Google search later, and I discovered Specktra and then wanted to try the "real thing.")

But he enables me by financing hauls every month or so, so I guess he doesn't mind too much.
greengrin.gif

SmokeSignal16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordom
I've been lurking for a couple of months and decided it was just time to join in the conversations!

I'm in my early 30s and getting back into makeup after a long time of not wearing much more than primer, foundation, powder and lip gloss. But my addiction to Sephora finally led me to Urban Decay shadows and I fell in love with color again. (And discovered why eye makeup used to just melt off before -- no primer!)
wondering.gif

And I'm new to MAC! And wondering how I ever missed this (used Lancome for years before discovering Sephora after I moved to Texas). But apparently MAC only had one counter (at a mall no one ever went to) in the state I'm originally from.
thmbdn.gif

So I'm building a collection, which is expensive, but fun.
mac_haul.gif
And Specktra has been so much help in deciding what not to get. And, well, things I would never have considered (hello, MSF!).

I'm sure my boyfriend now wishes he never bought me the two (fake) MAC lip glosses from a co-worker who allegedly bought stuff "wholesale" to sell for the holidays. (Something seemed fishy about the lack of shade names on the packaging. One Google search later, and I discovered Specktra and then wanted to try the "real thing.")

But he enables me by financing hauls every month or so, so I guess he doesn't mind too much.
greengrin.gif

Ah ha! Another fellow North Texan!
specktra_welcome.gif

sailordom

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
specktra_welcome.gif
Love your avatar!
winkiss.gif

dazzlekitty.gif
Thanks! She's my adorable kitty.

kaliraksha

Yay! Another Texan... my parents live in North Texas. That's sweet of your bf! Prepare to feed your addiction!

Hypathya

Hi sweetie!!
specktra_welcome.gif

I've read some of your posts...Sooo glad you're already posting!!!
th_DANCE.gif

Your kitty is absolutely adorable
th_e2cloud9.gif

Latest posts