Hello lovlies! MUA from Chicagoland here

hi everyone!

I'm a working MUA in the Chicagoland area. I've been working in a bigbox MAJOR beauty retailer for over 4 years now and am seen by my coworkers as the "Jill of All Trades". I'm known as "Google" to those around me. But since my name is Melissa, they call me "Moogle". LOL Prior to that I worked as a patient coordinator/front end coordinator for a medical spa/plastic surgeon's office. I'm likely going to be moving to a different place of employment (high end department store) as a counter manager for a MAJOR high end cosmetics/skincare brand (which I'm not disclosing because I'm not here to pimp them out--LOL). I'll let you ponder which brand it is though. After years of working for someone else, I'm now venturing into freelancing (a little late on board with that...).

My professional goals are hopefully to save enough money to get my esthetics license, and go to school for advanced makeup artistry (special effects, body painting, etc). For now, I call myself a "beauty artist".

I love all things related to skincare and my knowledge of skincare, esthetics and the like is well known to those around me and my clients who all trust me with their skin woes. I like to say I'm not a "KNOW IT ALL" but a "KNOW A LOT".

I love networking and learning from others and growing every day.

*MUAH!*

nunu

specktra_welcome.gif

gachapin_luv

th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif

I LOVE Chicago!!! I used to go to MAC in downtown(Oak st.?) when I was there last summer often. All MUAs are extremely friendly and helpful. I miss Aileen B! She's the best! I might have a chance to go there again this summer
yes.gif

Very nice to meet you, and hope you can teach us your techniques and such.