Hello! Newbie Here!

Luna Selene

Hi!

My name's Rachel, and I'm new to specktra.net! I'm not new to makeup though, but I'm switching from buying mostly Clinique to mostly MAC because of the color selection and just generally how it looks and feels on my face, especially in terms of foundation, powder, and lip color. I'm really interested in how to apply much more interesting eye makeup, as I've been doing nude eyes + mascara + dark red lipstick for ages and I'm just really tired of it and would like to experiment!

Otherwise, I attend college in Chicago as a freshman, though I'm originally from St. Louis. I've been to the MAC store in the St. Louis Galleria a few times.
greengrin.gif

Outside of makeup I like excessive amounts of homework, reading, writing, Anime, Harry Potter, anime/sci-fi conventions, cosplay, and lots more.

I really like what I've seen around Specktra.net so far. Lots of good reccomendations, FOTDs, and discussion!

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Rachel!
wavey.gif

Welcome!! Have you gotten to the MAC Store yet? Or Nordstroms carries it too!!

Luna Selene

No actually, I haven't been to the MAC store in Chicago (and I think you're referring to the one downtown?). I can't find a way to get there via public transportation. I've been to Nordstroms in the Northbrook Mall on Michigan Avenue, though. I believe Marshall Field's also has an MAC counter too. I also like visiting Sephora in Water Tower Place as well.

If you know of a way to get to the MAC store via CTA or Metra, I'm all ears, especially if they carry empty 4 and 15 pan palettes, as I need some.

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Selene
No actually, I haven't been to the MAC store in Chicago (and I think you're referring to the one downtown?). I can't find a way to get there via public transportation. I've been to Nordstroms in the Northbrook Mall on Michigan Avenue, though. I believe Marshall Field's also has an MAC counter too. I also like visiting Sephora in Water Tower Place as well.

If you know of a way to get to the MAC store via CTA or Metra, I'm all ears, especially if they carry empty 4 and 15 pan palettes, as I need some.

The MAC store is on Oak Street, which is a few blocks (I believe) north of Water Tower Place. Its a long walk from Metra, but if you have a nice day and shop all along the way it isn't so bad! You can go to MAC's website and get directions, or PM me and I can help you out!

And yes, Marshall Fields carries MAC also.

Luna Selene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holstrom4
The MAC store is on Oak Street, which is a few blocks (I believe) north of Water Tower Place. Its a long walk from Metra, but if you have a nice day and shop all along the way it isn't so bad! You can go to MAC's website and get directions, or PM me and I can help you out!

And yes, Marshall Fields carries MAC also.

Or I could just go find someone with a car. It's just difficult to find someone here willing to go clothes or makeup shopping. Everyone here in Hyde Park is very studious and most often don't really mind what they wear as long as it's comfortable and warm.

I had on smoky eye makeup last night and as soon as I left my dorm people were staring at the sheet fact I had makeup on (I think...I thought I did a rather decent application of it!).

I think I've been to the counter at Marshall Fields, too. But I tend to get distracted by the Frango display downstairs.
greengrin.gif

midnightlouise

Hi and welcome! Chicago is one of my favorite places! Spent the majority of my summers there. Good times....
smiles.gif

Glad you joined, hope you have a good time here!