Help a loser create a fun new look???

GirlyDork

Hi guys...

So, the title is self-explanatory. IDK if Specktra does this kind of stuff for just anyone around here, but I really want a fun, kinda high-fashion party look (think Top Model-esque). When you help me plan a look, feel free to go all out with false eye lashes, glitter, MAC Pro products, foundation, etc, whatever! I'm getting a new haircut and color soon, and I want a look that complements that, too.

Here's the info...

So here is my face without makeup, hair pulled back...basically in my crappy everyday lazy state:
PC160001.jpg

Hot, huh? Ew. Hell no. Now here is a better pic of my eye and eyebrow (that badly needs to be tweezed/waxed/something!!!):
PC160002.jpg

Here is the haircut I want:
http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/ima...e2002_250h.jpg

And here's the crazy colors I'm looking at (Both from the Special Effects brand. Fishbowl will all over my hair except for my bangs, and Atomic Pink would be in my bangs. I MAY NOT GET THESE HAIR COLORS, depending on my hair dresser's opinion on the damage the bleach will do to my hair. If I don't get these colors, I'll stick to my current color, but maybe a shade or two darker and richer with champagne blonde highlights in the bangs. My hair has faded to its natural color HELLA fast!):
Special Effects Fishbowl Photos
Special Effects Atomic Pink Photos

Thank you so much for your time!!!

XOXO Peace & Love,

Sarah

EDIT:
BTW, I am very good at applying makeup for someone my age. Tell me about any new technique and I will practice it until I master it! (I won't go out of the house looking like trash
winks.gif
. I might even show you the result of my "transformation" once I have my hair cut and colored and the makeup applied!)

Another thing: I will NOT use a brand of makeup (or anything!) that tests on animals! The brand doesn't have to be vegan, but it just can't test on the poor little fluffy creatures I love. That's one of the reasons I love MAC and most mineral makeup.

Simply Elegant

The more natural colours for your hair sound nice but to be honest, I wouldn't go for that cut.

MUFE HD foundation and powder
MAC blush in well dressed
MAC eyeshadows in beautiful iris (lid), nocturnelle (crease), black tied (outer v), vellum (highlight)
#7 lashes
Blacktrack fluidline
Pretty please lipstick with underage lipglass on top

GirlyDork

It's a mullet? Oh God...nooooo!!!!!! Now I don't want it exactly cut like that. I'll ask for it to be shorter in the back? Eeek!!! Thanks for warning me!

Well, IDK about entirely NOT going for it. What else would you suggest for hair? I feel I really need a change.

Thanks for the makeup look!
greengrin.gif
!!!

chocolategoddes

i don't know how wild you want the makeup to be... but i'd love to see a bold, dramatic, smoldery, black, smokey eye, with intense reflects glitter if you have any on the inner corner/ tearducts (make sure you don't get it in your eye!!)
then some matte skin, super contoured (but well blended) face, and if you're feeling extra bold, a bright pink lip or just a glossy, nude.

GirlyDork

Chocolategoddes, OMG I'm so trying that! I'll try both recommended looks, actually, when I get the all the proper products or stuff that's similar.

I have a few bright pink lipsticks from MAC (Impassioned, Girl About Town, and Chatterbox, but Chatterbox isn't THAT bright relatively speaking) and I LOVE THEM! I'm also learning a bit how to master black eye shadow. I have Urban Decay's Oil Slick. It's like MAC Black Tied. I do happened to have some reflects glitter in Reflects Purple Duo. I really want Reflects Pearl and OMG!!!!!! Reflects Transparent Pink!!!!!!! Want it sooo bad!

Wow, I'm crazed about glitter right now. Haha. If I'm scaring anyone with my "WHEEE! Hyperness!", please let me know...

Thanks people
smiles.gif
!!!

GirlyDork

I actually did a "rough draft" of Simply Elegant's recommended look for me. I used Stars N' Rockets topped with a cream color on the lid because I don't have Beautiful Iris :'(. Still a beautiful color though! I also used Sketch in the crease and Urban Decay's Oil Slick on the outer V because, once again, it's all I have. Other products are on my wish list though!

For the lips I used Viva Glam VI SE Lipglass.

PC170006.jpg

PC170001.jpg

PC170002.jpg

PC170005.jpg

Yay! I shall try chocolategoddes's look next!

panda0410

I tend to agree with the others, avoid that cut and go for something stylish... and someting more natural in hair colour too.

You have AMAZING eyes! - dont choose hair colours (like the bright blue) that will obscure them, that would be a crime
ssad.gif

Love to see you use Nocturnelle (Nice choice Simply Elegant!) used with Black Tied and a highlighter or sorts.... also the Shadowy Lady Quad would be hot for you!! If you focus on your eyes, tone down your lips, something neutral and not too bold, you'll distract from your eyes if you do.

caramel_geek

I agree with panda. Go more natural on the hair color. Hair colors that are too bright will tend to take the attention away from you nice makup.
smiles.gif
And I think if you go a shade or two darker than your current hair color and add-on some nice natural highlights, you'll look simply gorgeous. :nod:

and for your eye makeup, I simply like super smokey look with Teal pigment foiled on the lid, then blend in black tied and some grey-sliver-ish in the crease and sort of wing it out at the outter corner of the eye. and because the eye will be really strong and bold, i say go with a more nude lips.

HTH!
winks.gif

GirlyDork

Aw man...I need, like, a lot more to choose from from my current makeup collection! It's so small right now, but hopefully I'll get a bunch of stuff for Xmas. I should send people my updated wish list.

Okay, my notes:
-Don't get the short haircut!
-Unnatural hair colors are not recommended. I think it's a matter of opinion, but very true, it could draw attention away from my eyes. My friend and I were thinking of dyeing my hair at home sometime over break. She has like 6 different colors in her hair that she dyed recently. She seems to have always been "out there" style-wise, or at least hair-wise. IDK if it's me, but it sounded fun! LOL Anyway, I should do the darker-all-over-and-highlights option.
-I understand that cool-toned purples, dark blues, teals, and grays will play up my eyes. Great to know!
-Keep the lips toned-down/nude with strong eyes. I knew that about everyday wear, but I experiment at home just to try it.

Thanks so much! If you wish, you may keep the suggestions coming! It's awesome to hear would you guys think!

GirlyDork

Here is chocolategoddes's look (not as glittery and black and contoured as i hoped, but I still like it):

PC170009.jpg

PC170003.jpg

PC170004.jpg

sharkbytes

Definitely check out xsparkage's tutorials on youtube. She's a member here (I think the name is different here though). She has a TON of bright, fun, awesome looks there, and step by step instructions on how to acheive them.

abbey_08

i reckon get your hair cut but update it with a trim, layers (do not get it feathered at the front!!!)and a side parting and side fringe. and maybe some honey coloured highlights...not TOO blonde, just about two shades lighter than your hair now. and maybe straighten it on spec occasions

abbey_08

and get a cute blush!! i recocmend stark naked because i love it to DEATH!!!!!! or something simular that is quite subtle but will make you glow

florabundance

Just wanted to say that I think you are VERY skilled at applying!
As for the hair, i'd rec this cut..colour optional lol
HUGE pic..sorry

image1xxl5.jpg

GirlyDork

Sharkbytes, I LOVE xsparkage on YouTube! She's amazing, my fave makeup guru! Hmmm...I wonder what look I should try from her...

Abbey08, thanks for the hair ideas
greengrin.gif
! Honey blonde actually sounds better than champagne blonde to me. Hmmm........ and I'll check out the Stark Naked Beauty Powder, too.

Florabundance, thanks for both the compliment and the hair idea! I love makeup and I watch sooo many YT tutorials. And about the hair, absolutely LOVE IT to bits and pieces! The only thing: I have a very round face when I'm not smiling, are you sure the chin-length cut won't accentuate the roundness? Maybe just a tad longer for the cut, but I love the bangs and the layers
smiles.gif

florabundance

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyDork
I have a very round face when I'm not smiling, are you sure the chin-length cut won't accentuate the roundness? Maybe just a tad longer for the cut, but I love the bangs and the layers
smiles.gif

Yeah..go for it a little longer!

GirlyDork

I thought you all might find this interesting. I was experimenting again, but I didn't go out like this
winks.gif

PC180003.jpg

AvantGardeDoll

While I understand that the choice of hair color is a matter of opinion, do think about how much damage it will do to your hair. My hair's natural color is the same as yours as well as the texture, and I was always dying it just a natural red and it completely destroyed my hair. It got to the point that my hair was straight, wavy, curly, and incredibly frizzy all at the same time. The ends even got a bit elastic, which is a sign of dead hair. It was down to my lower back and I had to cut it shorter than the hairstyle you showed us. I'm in the process of growing it all out and I'm never dyeing it again.

I would just suggest to leave your hair color the way it is, or take it a few shades darker if you really want to change the color. Lightening hair is a much bigger pain than darkening hair.