HELP A.S.A.P (My eyeshadow creases NO MATTER WHAT I USE)

BLuSHJuNKiE

So reading the title you understand what my problem is, Ive never had this happen untill recently, last 3 months or soo...

For a very long time i never used bases and when I found out they could help the eyeshadow in so many ways i went and bought one and that was MACs eye prep & prime and that would crease so bad, so about 3 weeks ago i went and bought URBAN DECAY PRIMER POTION and that still creases on me. Ive tired many ways of using it, putting just a little a bit on to putting alot on, patting it in with my finger to using a concealer brush AND IT STILL DOSENT WORK

so can anyone recommend anything to me, different primers, mabye some sort of eye lotion to put on the eye before the base, diffrent methods, ANYTHING iit would be GREATLY appreciated

TISH1124

Have you tried the paint pots ....But the Chromalines do not budge...How about those as a base

Ziya

My problem was my cleanser! I was using MAC wipes to remove my makeup and it turns out it was drying my lids so they were trying to compensate by being oily LOL as soon as I switched it up to a more gentle cleanser and started using a light moisturizer at night..the problem is all but gone....HTH

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLuSHJuNKiE
So reading the title you understand what my problem is, Ive never had this happen untill recently, last 3 months or soo...

For a very long time i never used bases and when I found out they could help the eyeshadow in so many ways i went and bought one and that was MACs eye prep & prime and that would crease so bad, so about 3 weeks ago i went and bought URBAN DECAY PRIMER POTION and that still creases on me. Ive tired many ways of using it, putting just a little a bit on to putting alot on, patting it in with my finger to using a concealer brush AND IT STILL DOSENT WORK

so can anyone recommend anything to me, different primers, mabye some sort of eye lotion to put on the eye before the base, diffrent methods, ANYTHING iit would be GREATLY appreciated

I agree with Tish -- Chromalines would work, but if you don't want to go thru with the expense, try eyeshadow with a wet brush. When it's dry, do a double coating and use the same shadow dry. Buff and then finish off with a mineral veil. There is also another option, try some cream eyeshadow in the same shade (family) as your ES and then apply your shadow. After that use a Mineral Veil. Hope something helps.

anita22

Try layering your UDPP with Paints (not paint pots as they don't have as much anti-creasing power as Paints). In terms of eye lotion, just use a lightweight moisturiser, to ensure the area is moisturised but not greasy.

BLuSHJuNKiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziya
My problem was my cleanser! I was using MAC wipes to remove my makeup and it turns out it was drying my lids so they were trying to compensate by being oily LOL as soon as I switched it up to a more gentle cleanser and started using a light moisturizer at night..the problem is all but gone....HTH

You know that might be it, the crease of my eyelid didnt start becoming noticeably oily tell i started using diffrent cleansers, moisturizers & soaps for my face. I was trying to start taking better care, but since i have super senative skin it started going thru all these crazy stages from being flakey, oily & horribly dry. But i started to use a gentle cleanser about 2 weeks & so far it hasnt broken me out yet.

BTW what moisturize are you using now?

Ode to Joy

UDPP made my e/s pop but creased like hell on me, Too Face Shadow Insurance doesn't!!! And having Paint Pots or Chromaline to use over that is good, too. And definately invest in a good eye cream, it makes such a huge difference in lasting power of my e/s!

BLuSHJuNKiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ode to Joy
UDPP made my e/s pop but creased like hell on me, Too Face Shadow Insurance doesn't!!! And having Paint Pots or Chromaline to use over that is good, too. And definately invest in a good eye cream, it makes such a huge difference in lasting power of my e/s!

Ive been wanting to try Too Faced Shadow Insurance & Ill most likey buy that next..

Can you reccomend any eye cream?

sn0wbunnie

MAC's Fast Response Eye Cream is one of the things that helps my shadow stick to my lids. I start with that, use UDPP, a Paint or PP and then shadows and liners.

It might sound like a lot just to look good, but I want that stuff to STAY!

HTH