Help again!

Mandie2006

So, I was asking for a computer for Christmas, but now...I think I am going to wait for the computer to come at Graduation and ask for MAC now. I have made a list that totals up to just over $250.00. My Mom is probably going to kill me when I tell her that...Anyway, I need some advice (especially about the brushes because I know nothing about them.)

What is the best shadow brush?
What is the best eye liner brush?
What is the best poweder brush?

Is this this list good for a beginner?
What is the best foundation?
What is the best powder?

What is the lightest shade in both powder and foundation? (Because I need LIGHT. I am the whitest white person in the world.)

Is Bare Canvas paint a good one to chose because I need something very versitle?

If I think of anything else, I'll add to it. By the way, here is my list...any suggestions/advice would be totally appreciated.

Eyes – Shadow

Passionate
Electric Eel
Bare Canvas Paint

Liner

BlackTrack Fluidline
Silverstone Fluidline

Face – Foundation

Studio Fix Fluid NC15

Powder

Select Sheer NC15

Lips – Lipstick

Myth

Brushes – Shadow

Face

amoona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandie2006
What is the best shadow brush?
What is the best eye liner brush?
What is the best poweder brush?

Is this this list good for a beginner?
What is the best foundation?
What is the best powder?

What is the lightest shade in both powder and foundation? (Because I need LIGHT. I am the whitest white person in the world.)

Is Bare Canvas paint a good one to chose because I need something very versitle?

Ok so the essential eyeshadow brushs are 252/239 (similiar brush just different sizes) then you need the 224 for blending and a 266 for eyeliner and for brow highlights. Those are pretty basic brushes.

For face I'd say the 187 and 190 ... I only own the 190 but I'm dieing to get my hands on the 187. My MA uses the 190 to apply ne foundation primer and the 187 for liquid foundation.

Also I don't use paints but I hear Bare Canvas is the very basic one to have if you only own one. I only own two shadesticks (Beign-in and Sharkskin) and Beign-in is the most versitle of them all. Later on you can get more into the different colors.

I don't usually use foundation but when I do I use Select SPF 15 ... I bought this like 2 years ago before all these new liquids came out so it's the only one I have experience with.

As far as your list of shadows and stuff ... well I'm assuming this is a personal make-up kit and if that's the case just get the colors you like. There's no standard when it comes to your own stuff. If you were a MA building your kit then there are various lists of what you "should have".

Hawkeye

Honestly, I would avoid MAC Foundations at all costs.
I have never had a good experience with them or the powders. Just always broke out or got clogged pores etc from them-and my skin isn't too overly sensitive!

Bare Canvas is the most versitile of the paints. and it is very very good!

I would stick to blacktrack f/l personally-the silverstroke (at least on me) was very sheer.