Help before I spend myself into oblivion!!

beckibear

Like a lot of people I love MAC, but the problem is that I get totally suckered into buying so many products because they look so pretty and not because they suit me. I'm an NW15 with green eyes and dark brown hair.

I need recs for good products that I should invest in.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions
smiles.gif

User49

Orange/Gold/Browns/Reds will really bring out the colour of your eyes...

Try Costa Richie or Foxy Lady eyeliners, coppering, orange, antiqued, mythology, sabel, woodwinked, cranberry eyeshadows. Fresco Rose or Groundwork Paint Pots make great bases for these. I'm an Nc/nw 15 too with green eyes and blonde hair, but I like to play with make up so I'll happily wear any colours no matter what. I get a lot of compliments when I were the cult of cherry spiced chocolate quad or satin taupe eyeshadow...

Black eyeliner is a must for me no matter what! I use Smolder, Graph Black and Bootblack liquid liner almost everyday!!!

Sumptous olive over blackground paint pot is lovely for a gorgeous smokey eye and then blend tarnish eyeliner over the lash line!!

I wear Gingerly blusher a lot and although it looks a bit rank in the pot, it's a gorgeous natural blusher shade on! Hope that helps!!!
smiles.gif

Patricia

it really depends a lot on the makeup you wear

you like wearing heavy makeup or you're more a natural girl?

like glitter said i think you should invest in some peach-coppery colours

i really recommend you spiced chocolate quad if you can find it as it is really good for bringing out green eyes

i also think expensive pink, coppering, cranberry e/s for coppers

bronze, romp, antiqued, goldmine for browns and golden colours

i also think satin taupe looks good on anyone and it's a very versatile colour and you should get carbon as it is a must for everybody

some of my favourite lip colours are plink! which is a soft pink wich looks good on many people and blankety which is the BEST nude out there for me

dunno, just my thoughts, but before buying anything make sure you TRY IT TO MAKE SURE IT LOOKS GOOD ON YOU

beckibear

Thanks. Loving all the suggestions and good news about Blankety as I've been ummming an ahhing over this one
smiles.gif

MzzRach

Plums are gorgeous on green eyes - definitely would check out some soft purples and violets.

Blooming blush from the recent Cult of Cherry collection is amazing - highly recommend, would look wonderful on your skin tone.

Feline Kohl Power eyeliner is a must for everyone, IMHO.

Viva Glam V lipstick and lipglass are lovely and wearable for a lot of people. Really pretty!

SparklingWaves

Eyeshadow recommendations:

Crystal Avalanche (white Hi-light)
Phloof (Palest champagne hi-light)
Digit (light violet)
Beautiful Iris (lavender)
Illegal Cargo (Mauve)
Juxt (Light Green)
Electra (Silver)
Smoke & Diamonds (taupe)
Meet the Fleet (Navy)
Sketch (Burgundy)