Help, Bridesmaids make-up

carrotcake

Hi,

I am being bridesmaid for my best friend in July and we're doing our own makeup. the dress i will be wearing is strapless lilac satin. i'm not bad at make up but i don't want to go over the top but also need enough as we'll be having loads of photos etc taken. what kind of colour eyeshadow etc should i go for? i'm pale blonde and very fair skinned and i'm just at a complete loss!

thanks guys xx

prinzessin784

Is it a morning wedding? Afternoon? Evening? If it is morning I would say a wash of Lovely Lilly pigment, some brown eyeliner and mascara on the eyes, some bright pink blush like Dollymix on the cheeks, and a sheer pink gloss. For afternoon you could darken it up a bit with a crease color like Mothbrown, which goes great with purples, wear a matte blush, like Mocha, and a lustre formula pink lipstick with some gloss over it. For evening make it more dramatic with black liner and mascara, maybe some falsies, and a more dramatic lip like a darker pink or a hot pink even.

saniyairshad

pastel colors like a pale lavender eye shadow and with burgundy eyeliner would look fab...i love prestige eyeliners and rimmel makes good ones too...and forlips...pale lavender lips would look good

iiifugaziii

here's something to play around with:::
digit on the lid,
(layer) quarry, blackberry, in the crease. you can add a touch of shadowy lady in the outtercorner of the eyelid/crease if you'd like a darker look. yogurt as highlight with phloof! right underneath the eyebrow to give it a shine.
FAKE LASHES!!!
smiles.gif
for sure. they're always great for weddings. get something not extremely full, but long and fluttery
smiles.gif

face: Well dressed blush/Dame
I would do a very nude (but on the pink side) lip

Just think "soft" and feminine
smiles.gif
you'll look fabulous

Jess-ee-ka

Be careful with purples, it can make your eyes look bloodshot. I would suggest, if you're going to match the eyes to the dress, get some white eyeliner for your waterline just to brighten up the whites of your eyes. Otherwise the suggestions are really great and will look nice with the dress
smiles.gif

Jess-ee-ka

But steer clear of too light lips. You need colour or you will look like you have no lips in pictures. A nice rosey pink is always flattering and works with most people's skin tones.

iiifugaziii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess-ee-ka
But steer clear of too light lips. You need colour or you will look like you have no lips in pictures. A nice rosey pink is always flattering and works with most people's skin tones.

true!!!!!! i agree with the rosey lip!

Beauty Mark

Light browns/tans, flushed cheeks, and some pink lipstick I think would look sweet. Because of the weather in July, I would try to get away with as little makeup as possible, especially if it's an outdoor wedding.