Help: Creative/Avant-Garde Makeup for Themed Ball! (PICS)

Fizzymartini

Having marvelled the extreme talent of all the posters in Specktra, I thought you’d be the perfect people to help me out for this little dilemma! It’s prom season, and my college is hosting a themed ball in 2 weeks. The theme is along the lines of ‘Urban Fairytale’. I bought a pretty floaty dress, which will do for the ‘fairytale’ bit, so I was thinking of doing some crazy, edgy makeup and hair for the ‘Urban’ part… but I need ideas!

For reference, here’s a pic of the dress (which was a proud bargain!):

IMGP3387.JPG

…hm, excuse my crappy camera and lighting, which does no justice at all. The dress is actually a deep purple, which I’ll be wearing with a pair of strappy silver heels, and possibly long purple gloves that reach the elbow.

SO, what do you think I should do, makeup-wise? I have a few ideas tossing around my head (heavily accented eyes... matching purple e/s? contrast colours? Drawing flowers/designs near the eye? :confused: ), but I have nothing concrete, and frankly it’s doing my head in, lol!

While we’re on the topic, an ideas for hair, too? I thought maybe something like this:

untitled2.bmp

…but I have no idea where to get hairpieces like that. I went to a craft shop in the hopes of making my own, but they had no idea what I was asking for! Anyway, it may not work with my crazy new hairstyle, as I’ve posted on the hair thread (http://specktra.net/forum/showthread.php?p=450822)
th_confused_new.gif

I’d really appreciate any suggestions… or if you could point me to some cool pics/tutorials. Thanks!

mspixieears

Can't see any link to a pic hon, but have you checked out Kevyn Aucoin's book? It's either 'Faces Forward' or 'Making Faces' but I have the links to the Gallery where Nessa kindly scanned the relevant pages when I put up a FOTD challenge a while back:

http://www.specktra.net/forum/galler...3&userid=12392

It's pretty basic, but you might want to trawl through the past challenges for inspiration, some people have come up with the most amazing things!

Duh: I see the picture now...so disregard my opening statement :p