Help - fake Turquiose pigment?

dangerousmuffins

Bought this off of ebay. I paid a lot for this so I really want to make sure it is real. I'm just so confused with all the fakes out there right now.
Thanks for you help in advance. Now - on to the pics:
BTW - the cap isn't that shiny in real life. The flash was making look more shiny than it is. So I did take one pic without the flash for reference which you can't hardly see cause it's so dark...
winks.gif

Turquoise1.jpg

Turquoise2.jpg

Turquoise3.jpg

Turquoise4.jpg

Turquoise5.jpg

Turquoise6.jpg

erine1881

i think it is fake. on your second pic i see some scratches on the lid and the box is pretty banged up, which happens when they are shipping openly in a large box with other pigments (which is how fakes are shipped). also, the lid is shiney. the lids are suppose to be matte.

not 100% sure if its fake, but it looks it to me.

anyone?

dangerousmuffins

You might know better than I do, but I actually think the box looks okay. It is not scratchy like the fakes usually are. It does look like other boxes I have received.
Plus, you do have to remember this pigment came out in 2003. A pristine box from 2003would be a miracle.

Also like I said - irl - the lid isn't that shiny. I promise. as you can see in the non-flash pic - no shine.
I'm not trying to talk myself into thinking that is real...though it may sound like it.

neezer

did you just bid on this one recently? and it went for like 70 dollars? if so there was a girl somewhere i had read because they were questioning if it was real or not and the girl was the friend of the person who was selling it and she was saying it was definitely real.....but i cant remember the date of when i seen it though, i just remember it was like last week or something.

dangerousmuffins

Quote:
Originally Posted by neezer
did you just bid on this one recently? and it went for like 70 dollars? if so there was a girl somewhere i had read because they were questioning if it was real or not and the girl was the friend of the person who was selling it and she was saying it was definitely real.....but i cant remember the date of when i seen it though, i just remember it was like last week or something.

Yeah, that was me...
I just bought it. $74.50 to be exact.

panda0410

I have this pigment BUT mine is from a much earlier batch - mine is C11 - so my sticker is silver. I happen to know that the A33 batches actually do exist, though I havent had one, an MA friend of mine sold 2 of hers just recently from the same batch though I didnt see them in person I *think* they DID have clear stickers - theres NO WAY hers were fake.

The close up of the lid doesnt show any of the hallmarks of the new fake lids - they tend to have tiny chips around the bases of the lids which you have to look close to see and there isnt any here. Additionally the lid doesnt look like the "typical" shiny lid I've seen with fakes. Not only are the fakes VERY shiny (this one is matte by comparison), and they are also smooth to touch, but they are BLACK as all hell, the real lids arent nearly as dark.

For all intents and purposes the pigment itself in the jar looks totally OK to me - it unfortunately washes with flash, so hunny if its more intense IRL than this pic shows then you are fine. The box shows clear sign of AGE - not just scratches and everything else on the jar inlcuding the printing looks legit. I wouldnt worry - looks like you grabbed a great score
winks.gif

dangerousmuffins

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
I have this pigment BUT mine is from a much earlier batch - mine is C11 - so my sticker is silver. I happen to know that the A33 batches actually do exist, though I havent had one, an MA friend of mine sold 2 of hers just recently from the same batch though I didnt see them in person I *think* they DID have clear stickers - theres NO WAY hers were fake.

The close up of the lid doesnt show any of the hallmarks of the new fake lids - they tend to have tiny chips around the bases of the lids which you have to look close to see and there isnt any here. Additionally the lid doesnt look like the "typical" shiny lid I've seen with fakes. Not only are the fakes shiny but they are BLACK as all hell, the real lids arent nearly as dark.

For all intents and purposes the pigment itself in the jar looks totally OK to me - it unfortunately washes with flash, so hunny if its more intense IRL than this pic shows then you are fine. The box shows clear sign of AGE - not just scratches and everything else on the jar inlcuding the printing looks legit. I wouldnt worry - looks like you grabbed a great score
winks.gif

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah - the pigment is def. more intense in real life.
Thank you for your opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousmuffins
Yeah, that was me...
I just bought it. $74.50 to be exact.

yeah that was her
a bunch of people was wondering if it was real or not
then the BFF of the person selling it was like yeah it's real i know i have seen it, she's a good person and all blah blah blah.
if i find the link i will show it to you but i think you might already know it's a good batch
winks.gif

dangerousmuffins

Quote:
Originally Posted by neezer
yeah that was her
a bunch of people was wondering if it was real or not
then the BFF of the person selling it was like yeah it's real i know i have seen it, she's a good person and all blah blah blah.
if i find the link i will show it to you but i think you might already know it's a good batch
winks.gif

that wold be very sweet of you if you could find the link!
th_DANCE.gif

duch3ss25

Dangerousmuffins, I have the EXACT SAME pigment like yours, clear sticker, A33, down to that M540000701 at the bottom. I don't have the box though but the front of your box looks genuine to me. If the color of the piggy is more intense (or darker) than how it looks here, then I think you got a real one too, yey!!!

Panda, if your friend sold hers in ebay last month, then I may have bought mine from her. The seller had other rare MAC items plus the 2 turquoise pigments for sale at the time!