Help for extremely hooded eyes

Chikky

Hi all. I haven't been here in quite a while! Ive been lurking, heh, but I need help and I can't imagine anywhere would have better tips! I'm fairly young (almost mid 30's) and have extremely hooded eyes. Seriously. I keep looking online for tips or videos but NO ONE has eyes as hooded as mine, so they're no help. Not only are they hooded, but they're 'sad' shaped; the outer edges go down, and the hood actually makes some wrinkles on the outer edge, all of which makes any liner or eyeshadow invisible. I literally have less than half an inch between the base of my lashes and my eyebrows. In the inner corners, my brows pretty much touch my eyelids. I have no room. My eyes always look sad and old and tired, and I cannot find any help. Nothing looks good on me. I'm beginning to feel like a Neanderthal woman. I have tons of makeup I can't use. I try eye creams and I regularly get my brows waxed, so no worries there. Help!!

shellygrrl

Staff member
Rather than lining your upper lashline, try tightlining or lining your upper waterline. It'll give you definition and you don't have to worry about it showing up. If you had some visible lid space and didn't have the issue with wrinkles on the outer edge I would've recommended placing a darker colour on the outer corner in a sort of wing shape to give the illusion of a more upturned eye. (My outer corner turns downward, too, but I don't have the issues you have.) If you opt to line your upper waterliner, you can also bring some of that same liner down to your lower waterline, part-way. For eyeshadow, keep it simple. Just do one colour and blend it all the way up to your browbone. I would suggest using a mid-tone colour -- nothing too light, nothing too dark. And loads of mascara!

Chikky

Thanks for the reply. I wanted to try it out a bit before responding. The tightening works really well... I'm just really sad I can't wear any kind of shadow, really, or enjoy all the cute makeup looks out there. My question: I like lots of mascara, and I've even heard of wearing false lashes helping... but my lids (and browbone) are on top of my lashes. I can literally see my brows/skin, in that, they're actually in my field of vision. So mascara gets all over my brows, even waterproof. Would it still look ok?

shellygrrl

Staff member
I think the only way to know is for you to test it yourself. I suggest starting with half-lashes (I like Ardell's #301; very comfortable, small band; another option would be to buy a full strip and cut it in half) in the outer corner. If that works out you can try a full strip. (You could even use a full strip instead of mascara, if you wanted.)

Latest posts